News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Face Book Fan Site / Group

Started by EvilBetty, February 08, 2010, 05:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Just an idea...  Should we have a Facebook TigerTriple fan site / group?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

coachgeo

It's a communication tool.  Granted its an over valued one.... but still a tool.  Nothing wrong with using a tool.

Will help other Tiger folk find us.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

aeronca

personaly i dont care either way. i dont belong to any of those online personal site' my self, but i cant see what the harm would be  8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

You wont find me on there either, but if you want to......
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Maybe it make others aware of the virtues of Tigers, on the other hand that might push the second hand values up .............. I'm off to delete all my Steamer pics off facebook, I want more Tigers waaaahaha  :twisted:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

And you could call the facebook page....  Bike Buffs.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

coachgeo

communication of my last post was bad.

What I meant to say is having a facebook page might help recruit others to this site.  I see it as a potential way to "communicate" the existence of this site and to encourage the growth here.  

I see it more as just an ad for this site.  Links to the different forums here etc.  A stepping stone or open door to here you might say.

EvilBetty

7 for, and 9 opposed!  It's not looking good!   :lol:

pletdj

I am for it,  No issues here, and you don't have to use it if you don't want to :D
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

John Stenhouse

I wonder about Geoffs opinion?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

abruzzi

I'm not a Facebook user, so I don't have a strong sense of the usefulness of facebook groups or what is involved in setting one up.  If others would like to set something up, I wouldn't object.

Geof

chairhead

I think that if people want to find a website they will, just as you all did
just as i did,i just dont get it,you want to start a Tiger group on facebook?,or tell everyone you are a fan of the bike?,each to there own i suppose.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

EvilBetty

Let me clarify that I'm not for or against this...  I logged in to Facebook the other night, like I do every couple of months...

I decided to look and see if there were any local riding groups, and came across a 1050 and a Triumph RAT group.  So I thought I'd put the idea out there for a TigerTriple group.

At this point I see very little strong interest in it from our group.

At the very least I may just create a Triumph Tiger fan group, completely unaffiliated with TigerTriple.com.

Mustang

The poll is running about 50/50  
what the hell if you want to do it  GO FOR IT !

coachgeo

Quote from: "chairhead"...if people want to find a website they will, just as you all did, just as i did,....
I disagree.  I found this site w/out looking.  I looked long ago and found little but  but it led me to Adv. Rider site.  While at Adv. Rider I bumped into a post that mentioned this site.

That's the advantage I see of having a location on Facebook and even other similar sites.  Not to take away from this one... but to steer people to this one.   Discussing things on those type of sites is not efficient and cumbersome.  You can make announcements... but technical discussions.. nahhhhh.... they are not set up for that.  

They though are perfect for announcing.... HE TIGER FOLK... come to TigerTriple for all your Tiger triple info needs.  See all the other Tiger folk who joined this group; you'lle find most them at TigerTriple too. etc etc.

This is why Bands, and many other biz.... are on those sites.