News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

joe rocket survivor suit

Started by aeronca, February 14, 2010, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

well, after doing a little research, i pulled the trigger on a riding suit. i got  a joe rocket one piece.  i never owned a suit befor, but im sick of being wet, and they claim this one is waterproof. they list for $500.00, but got this one through "newenough.com" for $380.00 shipped. the other one i was looking at was the tourmaster centurion. a really nice suit with a ton of options, but in the end i liked the look of joe rocket best. thought about an aerostitch also, but...... we'll give this one a try first.   whats your thoughts?????
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

Great looking suit.  I've got a couple riding suits and my winter is a one piece and I love it.  The Joe Rocket looks fantastic.  I think I got mine through newenough as well.  Great company.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

aeronca

they seem like a pretty good outfit to deal with. cant wait to get it :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

I've got a butt load of JR stuff and it's held up quite well.  I'm sure you will be satisfied.

rxcoop

looks nice and 'newenough' is a great company to work with.  i had to go with the stich because i dont have an 'off-the-rack' body and they are the only company willing to alter their stuff until it fits you perfectly. (and all the sales folks sound like extras in "fargo" the movie).
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>

Sniffy

Nice looking suit. I was thinking about getting an Olympia Phantom but this looks to be worthy of consideration.

How easy is it to get in/out of?
Steve

HappyMan

I've got the Olympia Winter Riding suit (I can't remember the model) and it's difficult to get in and out of when all the liners are in.  It's a fabulous suit though.  Very warm and water proof.

Colonel Nikolai

aeronca,

I own a pair of Aerostich riding pants and zippered bib, which are much like the suit without the top. They are not waterproof without treating them with something like nikwax: in a hard downpour you will be wet in them in seconds without sealing them. Frankly I think they're a little overrated. The pads are small and are not CE2 approved because of their size. I added hip pads to mine because I've wiped out before and thought the dinner-plate size bruises on my pelvis something I'd like to minimize in the future.

I think you may have made a good choice but nothing beats leather for abrasion protection. For that reason I've been eyeing the Transit two piece suite from aerostich:

http://www.aerostich.com/transit-two-piece-suit.html
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

aeronca

your right about leather. i do like the aerostitch stuff aloit, but was wanting something different. some guy's at work swear by the joe rocket stuff, so i thought id give it a try. i like the look of the survivor suit the best, but, bang for your buck, the tour master centurion suit was a great buy as well. i'll let guy's know this weekend - it come's in on friday. :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

REGULATOR

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"aeronca,
I think you may have made a good choice but nothing beats leather for abrasion protection. For that reason I've been eyeing the Transit two piece suite from aerostich:

http://www.aerostich.com/transit-two-piece-suit.html

What about the Triumph H20 Protect leather jacket and pants?

have only read one review, seems nice not sure if it flows air as well as the transit suit,  but its half the cost

most triumph leather Ive seen is pretty nice, and belive its made by alpinstars now

aeronca

got the suit today, and first off let me say - wow. the quality is as high as aerostitch any day of the week. secondly, the cut is really taylored well for the ridng position, but, im really unsure about the size chart they offer. i normally wear a large in Tour Master, so after comparing the size charts between JR and TM, i  decided to go with an XL. it fits snug to say the least. i like my gear to fit snug, but this is right at the point of almost to snug with the liner in it.im pretty much average size(5'10" - 185). still, it fit's ok. maybe the XXL would be to loose, hard saying - thats why buying off the internet is difficult to say the least. with all that said - this suit is really really nice, and i highly recomend it.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

AK Tiger

I had some Joe Rocker stuff (Ballistic 3.0) that was involved in a 50 mph get-off.  Dang caribou... :x   Anyway, great stuff.  Ripped the kneepad right off the pants and skuffed the jacket up but I walked away.

I have an Aerostitch now but am not overly impressed.  Kinda wish I'd have saved a bunch of bucks and gone back to JR.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

aeronca

well, im bummed to say the least. monday i recieved my suit frome the fed ex guy, and man, was it snug - too snug with any thing else but a t shirt on. so, back it went and new enough sent me a 2xl right away. got it today and WOW, it was frikin huge. they were asome quality for sure, but im not sure who they were building these things for. oh well, i think i'll give the olympia a try. by the way, New Enough was excellent in every way - GREAT company to deal with, took care of me, no questions. :wink:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!