News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

You'll just have to click to find out!

Started by johnnyadventurepants, February 17, 2010, 06:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyadventurepants

Just wondering... what stuff did you tell yourself in the fall would be a good winter project for the Tiger, but after months and months, you know it won't be done by spring!

For me it is:

1) finally perfect my tool kit
2) add voltmeter
3) build a custom skid plate
\'99 Tiger 885i

Sin_Tiger

Well if you didn't do any of that lot, what were you doing in the cold and dark  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

I know better.  But I've been through a couple of Tiger winters.  PM is what winter is for.  I've got mine done now and since I happen to live in a different climate now, I'll be riding it to work in the next few days. :wink:
From parts unknown.

EvilBetty

1. Ride it all through winter.
2. Not leave it in the garage on the tender for 3 months
3. Not make it live it this god forsaken climate.

I f*cking hate winter...  This has by far been the worst one I can remember.

If I could find a job like the one I have now anywhere where the temperature rarely drops below freezing... and I'd leave my shiz and go...
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

tazshido

Hooray for global warming. I think we should dump a BUNCH of CFCs and get this rock warmed up a bit.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

swamper650

Winter......what winter? After spending the fall in the mountains of Arizona I was ready to return to the central west coast of Florida. The winter here has been unusual in that the temps are below norm,but can still ride any and every day!. I will not be singing Florida's praises in the hot humod summer! :XXsunsmile
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

aeronca

fix the D.A.R. -  one of these day's :roll:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

Likewise, Blackbird in bits, half way through a big service - has been for weeks.  YR5 has a blow crankcase seal and has had for 18 months.  I'll get round to it eventually.  Problem is it's either too cold to work on them, or it isn't too cold and then I'm off out on the Tiger... 8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "aeronca"fix the D.A.R. -  one of these day's :roll:
I would do it sooner than later because if that bolt head is rattling around against the alternator shaft it WILL RUIN the threads in the alt. shaft .

But also as an added benefit your charging system will put out a solid 14.2 volts at idle vs. 12.5 at idle with a rattling alternator .

macgart

I considered building a custom skid plate, but I just don't have the right skills.   :roll:

Got all the other service done as well as emulators installed.  Also did some electrical mods, had sent my seat to Spencer, and some other odds and ends.  My biggest bummer is that I've ran out of projects and it's still winter. :oops:
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

aeronca

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "aeronca"fix the D.A.R. -  one of these day's :roll:
I would do it sooner than later because if that bolt head is rattling around against the alternator shaft it WILL RUIN the threads in the alt. shaft .

But also as an added benefit your charging system will put out a solid 14.2 volts at idle vs. 12.5 at idle with a rattling alternator .

i know, i know. no excuse - just plain lazy - will order the parts tonight at work. :oops:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!