News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What is my bike worth?

Started by georover1, February 18, 2010, 04:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georover1

I have a yellow '99 Tiger that i will need to sell this spring and was curious what it may be worth. It has 68K miles and runs like a top. The good: It has a recent valve adjustment, new plugs, metal fuel line fittings,  new fuel and air filter, taller Cee Bailey screen, Triumph tank bag,  Russell Day Long seats, heated grips, Pia aux. lights, GS handgaurds, XM radio, garage door opener wired in, Touratech sump guard, Jack Lilly crash bars, Happy Trails panniers, top box (Givi nock off), Wirth fork springs done about 3 years ago, and steering head bearings were done this past summer. Rear tire is almost new and chain and sprockets are good as well as the battery. The bad: Fuel gauge is accurate untill about half a tank and then drops quick and fuel light comes on early. Front tire is about done. Small leak either from front sprocket seal or shifter seal. Thanks
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

Mustang

mcn lists it for 2500 bucks ..the add ons or farkles if you will ( god I hate that expression) mean nothing to resale value

NADA lists it between $2090-$2705 depending on mileage and condition

with what you have I would venture a guess of 2500 dependent upon examination  of said beast .

kinda sucks, huh ?!!

tazshido

I can't see where you live. If I was selling it I would advertise it for $3200 and move down if I had to. In the Rocky Mountain states you don't see a lot of tigers and used R****GSs go for premium prices. Even with the miles and age of your bike it is a huge bargain over a GS of any year.

The one truism in any auto or bike sale is that it is worth exactly what somebody will pay for it. Don't lowball yourself but keep in mind what the book SAYS it's worth and don't be agravated at ridiculous offers. If you are not a distressed seller, don't take less than it's worth TO YOU!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

SethTiger

I have a 1999 also. Only 7800 miles,it is very clean,3-piece matched luggage. I am sure its worth more than $4000.00.

Go to kelly blue book. They list the 99 tiger at 3800.00  with normal
mileage, about 48,000.  That is retail price.

Put a new tire on front.

It seems like all your accessories are worth something.

I would'nt give it away.

Maybe sell some of your accessories seperate. I know you could sell that Russell seat.

Yukon

Quote from: "SethTiger"Go to kelly blue book. They list the 99 tiger at 3800.00  with normal
mileage, about 48,000.  That is retail price.

Keep in mind that "Retail Price" is what a dealer would ask for the bike and would also include some kind of short term warranty.

coachgeo

For estimates

Search closed auctions of Ebay.

Search craigslist
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

gazoo

Quote from: "coachgeo"For estimates

How do you search closed auctions on Ebay?  Took a quick look and can't see how.

Mustang

Quote from: "gazoo"
Quote from: "coachgeo"For estimates

How do you search closed auctions on Ebay?  Took a quick look and can't see how.

click on the words "Advanced Search " next to the search box

enter your search phrase

then check the box for completed listings

click search

gazoo

Thanks.  Didnt notice the "completed listings" check box when I looked earlier.  Much better now that I have coffee  :-)