News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Two color blacks?

Started by RiderX, February 25, 2010, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiderX

Hi all, My 18 yr old (who should've known better) managed to tip my bike over into the garage wall while trying to move it yesterday. Told him he should've called me for advice, and on the other hand I should've simply ridden it to work in the rain and it wouldn't have been there. :x
In any case the front cockpit/cowl got crushed in the impact and needs to be replaced. I think all I'll need is the nicely expensive cowl (comes out of his paycheck) and the decal. Bike Bandit lists two colors: "Diablo Black" and "Jet Black." Is there a way to tell which I have? Here and I thought black was black...
Thanks all,
Randall

RiderX

ok, never mind. I should have done  a search first as I see in the "Your Favourite Colour Tiger" thread that they are the same thing. Bike Bandit lists them separately. I've had the cowl off numerous times for different repairs and projects. My only concern is color matching on a 12 year old bike. Anything else I need to think about?

Mustang

Quote from: "RiderX"I think all I'll need is the nicely expensive cowl (comes out of his paycheck) and the decal. Bike Bandit lists two colors: "Diablo Black" and "Jet Black." Is there a way to tell which I have? Here and I thought black was black...
Thanks all,
Randall

Jet Black is the 98's........... Diablo black is the rest of the years , but yeah Black is Black

The expensive cowl comes with the decal already clearcoated in..........don't buy the decal

MIMbox

Have a look at this site. Its en Francais, but a picture is worth etc etc
http://www.triumph-t3-passion.info/triumph-tiger.html

RiderX

Thanks Mustang, that'll save him another 18 bucks anyways  :wink:
Thanks for the link to the site, MIMbox. Good stuff.