News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hero blob?

Started by Buffalo, March 01, 2010, 07:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo

While reading a review of the 955 tiger on a British? site I came across this term.... I quote, "On a recent trip to Blackpool I managed to shear the hero blob clean off, this probably a result of being a tad heavy handed banking the bike into corners"
My question to you British bikers out there. What the hell is a hero blob??? and how do you shear one off? Is this something this Yank should worry about doing to my bike (or my body perhaps)?
Cheers
\'05 Tiger 955i
74 Suzuki GT550

Timbox2

Hi mate, its the screw in stud in the riders footrest that touches down when you crank it over :D
2016 Tiger Sport

JetdocX

Yeah, removed mine.  I know I'm a hero and don't need the sparks to prove it. :lol:
From parts unknown.

iansoady

Quote from: "Timbox2"Hi mate, its the screw in stud in the riders footrest that touches down when you crank it over :D

Or breaks off in a low-speed drop ruining the footrest. I've removed them from mine. Toes were good enough for Hailwood to know how far over he was......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Buffalo

Ahhh, thanks guys. Hero blob, I see where the term comes from now.
\'05 Tiger 955i
74 Suzuki GT550

Colonel Nikolai

Mine scraped off entirely on my Sprint. Happens when you heave it over to avoid getting antlers in your chest, or so the previous owner tells me.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

KuzzinKenny

I took mine off after it got caught in the top of me boot, its no gony do that again !!  :oops:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TRKTEK

I prefer to call them "lean angle indicators"... :D
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"I took mine off after it got caught in the top of me boot, its no gony do that again !!  :oops:

KK

Once again, KK takes the prize.... :ImaPoser

Not saying which one though.... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...