News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine rebuild kit

Started by rybes, March 01, 2010, 10:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

erm, what they tryin t say bout our beloved trumpfs ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAVID-BROWN-780-8 ... _983wt_732

does look very similar tho  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

coachgeo

It appears from the info on the rebuild kit the Triumph link on that page takes you, that in 1967 some tractor was fitted with a Triumph engine.  Maybe Triumph dabbled in making industrial engines for a short while way back then?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

rybes

i goitta larf, i didnt even see the triumph link on the page. jus saw it was a 3 cylinder engine so thought id have a larf  :lol:
learn summink new every day  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

iansoady

In fact, the Ferguson tractor in the 1950s was made in Coventry by the Standard motor company. This was later taken over by Triumph (makers of the Stag, TR4, Spitfire etc), but that company had no (well very little) connection with Meriden Triumph who made the Bonneville, Speed Twin etc. As they have no connection with our modern Triumphs except some names.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

oxnsox

I thought it was a kit for Coachgeo and his tiger... being diesel and all.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "iansoady"In fact, the Ferguson tractor in the 1950s was made in Coventry by the Standard motor company. This was later taken over by Triumph (makers of the Stag, TR4, Spitfire etc), but that company had no (well very little) connection with Meriden Triumph who made the Bonneville, Speed Twin etc. As they have no connection with our modern Triumphs except some names.

Interesting, now explain the link with Triumph ladies support garments  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Interesting, now explain the link with Triumph ladies support garments  :wink:

So you get the same links as me when searching Triumph on Ebay??? :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...