News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mikuni float fuel cut off valve?

Started by dieselr3, March 02, 2010, 03:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieselr3

Just got some diaphrams on the way, but also wanting to replace the fuel cut off valves while Iam in the carbs, but since triumph only sell a whole float assembly, I dont want to really pay for or need,does anyone know if theres a jap model that uses the same valve that can be ordered seperatly, Im sure I saw a tip on the forum that a suzuki gsxr? or something had the same mikuni part number? just for the cut off valve itself.Anyone heard of anything.

Sin_Tiger

My mech spent a considerable amount of time checking when trying to find alternatives for my carb rebuld.

He says that Suzuki, possibly some others, 1000's used basically the same carb and the floats etc. are the same, sorry he didn't get them so I didn't get part no's. Reason being was there is no Jap equivelant for the slides, what I really needed,  so it ended up being more cost effective to get a used carb set.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dieselr3

yep my parts dude is looking into it.Apparently some years of suzuki gsxr 750 use the same carb, but once again I think only a complete float assy can be purchased.I will update if I can track down seperate float valves.