News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Off-Road exhaust

Started by akey, March 09, 2010, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akey

hi, anyone know if you need the ECU re-mapped for the triumph off-road exhaust?

I am looking at either one of these or a blueflame (which doesn't need a re-map).

Oh its for an 02 Girly, not that it makes any difference.

cbxtc6

You don't NEED the ECU re-mapped, but I'd highly recommend it - you'll get more power throughout the entire rev range.

(My local dealer remapped mine for free  :D )

akey

Mmmm now I am also looking at a blueflame pipe.

Local dealer can me the TOR pipe for £100 and will remap for £35

Blueflame is £165, but has the advantage of baffles for when I dont want ot be rude lol.

any further advice would be more than welcome

Chris Canning

Blimey over the years there has been war and piece written about cans and maps,officially if you have an open can,Triumph or any other,then you need the off road map.

I've read various postings about folk who have run open can with stock maps and vice versa.

I ran an open can on my 885i and transfered it over to my 955 when i bought it new,it's the same can with two different parts numbers depending on which bike you want it for,i have never run my 955 on a stock map,it had the offroad map put in from day 1,the only change has been from the Triumph open can to a Remus,there's nothing between e'm just what floats your boat.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "akey"Mmmm now I am also looking at a blueflame pipe.

Local dealer can me the TOR pipe for £100 and will remap for £35

Blueflame is £165, but has the advantage of baffles for when I dont want ot be rude lol.

any further advice would be more than welcome

The TOR can is hardly rude, noise-wise! It also has the advantage (to my mind) of looking exactly like the standard can. It's much lighter though.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Bixxer Bob

Blueflame sounds nice - has a rasp to it - and is pretty loud for a legal can even with the baffles in.  It runs pretty good with the off road map but I went the Tuneboy route to try to map out the popping on overrun.  I've made some progress on that, but bad weather and poor health have hampered that work for now.  Hope to get back to it mid April.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

brad1098

Get the re-map regardless of which can you go with......even the stock can.  The re-map will wake your tiger up and make her roar!!
02 black-Lorna

Kraftsman 73

Looking to get rid of the low rpm roughness.  Have read on this and other forums the Triumph Off Road Map goes a long way toward smoothing out the idle to about 2,500 rpm range.  Are these maps available for download?  I am aware of the TuneECU site and free download.  Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the 16pin OBD II style Data Link Connector with the required FTDI chipset?  While I can find one for sale in the UK, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Bike- ... 3073wt_999 haven't found a source in the USA.
Thanks In Advance,
Kraftsman 73

Blackadder

I just fitted a Triumph off road can, and ran it for a few days with the standard mapping - sounded better but still rough at low revs.
I then had it remapped at the dealers for £40 and it transformed the bike! Much smoother through the rev range and that sound is awsome!

smoketriples

I just bought that ebay uk cable listed.  hopefully it fits the 00 tiger.  darn little info out there on ecu connectors!!!
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

rcgomes

Hello, I'm thinking about putting the blueflame evo3 tri oval, will be good choice? good quality? chosen for being beautiful and inexpensive.give good sound and performance gains? I will settle for a triumph (TORS) map. After all there are people who have this exhaust on the bike, but do not post videos :(

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-9 ... 4435-p.asp