News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant Drip when cold

Started by Timbox2, March 18, 2010, 10:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Hi Chaps,

Now, Ill probably have the tank off anyway tomorrow to investigate, but in the mean time whats the thoughts:

Ive noticed that when starting the bike from cold after a minute or 2 while shes warming up Im getting a very slight drip from the thermostat housing area and running down the small elbow hose. Ive nipped up all the hose clips I can get to, but to no avail.

Once shes warm it stops, so my thinking is that its before the thermostat opens the pressure is forcing itself past something.

My question is, which way round does the water flow, IE, is the pressure at the rad cap side or the thermostat side if you get my drift.

Cheers
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

I just had a similar problem with the wifes 95 tiger the drip was coming from the vicinity of the water pump and tightening the original triumph hose clamps were doing nothing ,,,,,,,,,,,so stripped it apart and could very plainly see that it was inn fact the hose leaking around the water pump pipe .
The triumph clamp was sort of kinked so that it was not clamping a true 360 degree circle around the water pump pipe . went to the auto store and bought a new hose clamp problem solved ,

Just something to check if you suspect it is leaking around the hose fittings

Timbox2

Cheers Mustang, as I had some spare time I took the Tank off this morning to do the fuel filter( See New thread) and while I was there gave the clip I couldnt get to a reseat and tighten, definately coming from the hose underneath the stat housing, will see what its like tomorrow.
2016 Tiger Sport

PeteH

Mines also decided to leak slightly, although just when sat. Warm her up and all ok.
Tightened the clamp last week, and now thinking the joints gone on the housing-need to check in the morning.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Update: Since tightening the aforementioned hose all seems well, no drips on start up since.
2016 Tiger Sport