News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

In Praise of Wives Who Say "Go"

Started by TwoShots, March 25, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoShots

My biorythms and retired status allow me to sleep past 9:00. I start work around noon and often continue into the wee hours.
Or I ride.

Most days I wake just in time to see my wife's cute butt shuffling out the door to her work. Sometimes I am coherent enough to say "Doll, I may ride today."
Her response: "Have fun! Call if you're going to be gone more than a day, okay?"

That's it. No questions. No guilt trips. No worries. Just a wish-you-well comment and a smile.
This is her:

I'd like to think I am not alone in being so lucky to have a partner who promotes the fun that comes with spontaneous ride outs, whether for the day or a day that turns into a week.

Who else here has such good fortune?
TS
\'07 Tiger 1050
\'07 Suzuki DR-Z 400
Kolob Web Studio

JetdocX

Not me, but you also get to live in Cedar City?  Have you considered that you may actually be experiencing paradise? 8)
From parts unknown.

John Stenhouse

If not paradise, certainly some awesome scenery!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Quote from: "TwoShots"I'd like to think I am not alone in being so lucky to have a partner who promotes the fun that comes with spontaneous ride outs, whether for the day or a day that turns into a week.

:wave  :5moped  :eusa_dance I do !

Sin_Tiger

I confess to being similarly blessed with my good lady, years as a Land Rover widow have prepared her well  :lol:  :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TwoShots

Quote from: "JetdocX"Not me, but you also get to live in Cedar City? Have you considered that you may actually be experiencing paradise?
Oh yeah. I rode through southern UT the first time six years ago and knew then I'd return to immerse myself in the landscape. Traded out a GS for a Tiger and DR-Z and life is good! Cedar City makes for a killer base of ops for riding remote areas. I have it in mind to offer it up as a Western ride gathering spot. Maybe in a year or two.

Quote from: "Mustang":wave  :5moped  :eusa_dance I do !
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I confess to being similarly blessed with my good lady, years as a Land Rover widow have prepared her well

Ah! Amen and  :bowdown  to these fine women of which you speak!
TS
\'07 Tiger 1050
\'07 Suzuki DR-Z 400
Kolob Web Studio

Geoff D

I'm lucky too I guess, or after 32 years of marriage she's just used to me now  :roll: .
I mentioned, during dinner the other night that I fancied going back to
Africa for a bike trip, maybe a ride to Timbuktu, well she said, if
you need to get it out of your system, you should do it.....bless her.

p.s. not blessed with the sort of scenery that you've got got tho' two
shots  :roll:

Here's one of my good lady & daughter being very silly in Menorca last year...

The older I get the faster I was...

tett

Lucky man!

I also have such a wonderful wife.  She lets me go away when I want.  Does want to know a little in advance since she has a business to run and we still have child number 2 at home.

I reciprocate.  Right now she has buggered off and is in Guatemala learning Spanish for three weeks.

Cheers!

tett

Quote from: "TwoShots"My biorythms and retired status allow me to sleep past 9:00. I start work around noon and often continue into the wee hours.
Or I ride.

Most days I wake just in time to see my wife's cute butt shuffling out the door to her work. Sometimes I am coherent enough to say "Doll, I may ride today."
Her response: "Have fun! Call if you're going to be gone more than a day, okay?"

That's it. No questions. No guilt trips. No worries. Just a wish-you-well comment and a smile.
This is her:

I'd like to think I am not alone in being so lucky to have a partner who promotes the fun that comes with spontaneous ride outs, whether for the day or a day that turns into a week.

98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

chairhead

I too am very lucky,
my good wife treats me like a King;or is it a ten year old :lol: ??,anyway she is great,i can do what i want when i want,all she requires is a little notice to decide if she wants to come with me or not,and to be fair she has been most places with me,in the best of conditions and in the worst,
a real trooper.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Mustang

Mine rides a tigger so her priority's are right ! :bowdown

I wouldn't trade her in for any one .

redbirds

I consider myself very fortunate. My wife of 31 years loves riding as much as I and now that we're both retired we have the time to enjoy it more. She loves her V-strom but wanted a dirt bike, so she talked me into getting a pair of Honda 230's. Whether it has been scuba diving, camping, hunting, fishing or motorcycling, we have always been together.

Living vicariously through myself.

Advwannabe

It seems those of us who make this work either do things together or are happy to cheer the other on in their adventures.

My girl has gone to Fiji, New Zealand and Tasmania with her mates in the last 12 months.

I've been on a world trip with the grey line and head off on my desert trip in May.

It doens't work for everyone, but after 25 year I reckon it's working for us.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

The Midnight Rambler

I think the word here is trust.
We both do trips and things on our own, but the best ones are together.

Western Scotland April 09[/img]
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

TwoShots

Wow. Great pics. Clearly I am not alone. Cool.

:!: Unexpected perk: I mentioned the thread to my wife yesterday and after showing her the replies, I got my bones jumped.
More than you needed to know, I'm sure, but noteworthy!
TS
\'07 Tiger 1050
\'07 Suzuki DR-Z 400
Kolob Web Studio

Sasquatch

Me too.  Wife of 13 years has no desire to be on a bike herself, but has no issues with me riding as much as I choose.