News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GPS question

Started by Geoff D, March 28, 2010, 11:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I've used various GPS and PDA's with recievers in and on vehicles since the early 90's and it's amazing what can be done with a bit of ingenuity.......... but ..........and maybe it's an age thing I find the latest waterproof bike ones just so much easier than faffing around with boxes and bits of cable so I'm biased here. A big issue for me is, stop, unclip, into a pocket and reverse when I'm ready to go again

I used the Zumo 550 for a bit over a year and have now traded up to a 660. Both brilliant bits of kit, there was nothing wrong with the 550, I actually preferred the buttons and the big chunky mount,  I was having BT issues that the A2DP promised to resolve  :roll: not quite.

The point I'm getting to, eventually, is I haven't put the 550 up for sale yet, I lent it to a friend to try but he hasn't even mounted it yet, so if your budget will stretch to it I am willing to send it back to the UK or bring it back around late May. Not sure I should be posting this here but might as well be hung for a sheep as much as a lamb, I'd probably be looking for about 240 quid neg. , if that's in the ball park and you're interested let me know.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

RT

You get get refurb garmin 2610 pretty cheap and easy to read when riding even for us folks with tri-focals.  downside is they no longer support the software.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

JasonS

Quote from: "RT"You get get refurb garmin 2610 pretty cheap and easy to read when riding even for us folks with tri-focals.  downside is they no longer support the software.

The 2730 series is also a good choice if you can find one. They were sold with the XM radio/antenna puck... XM radio through the GPS...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c