News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WANTED - STEAMER CARBS

Started by rf9rider, April 04, 2010, 02:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

I need a good set of carbs for a 94 steamer.

Anyone help?  :)

Nick Calne

Ebay is where I get most my tiger stuff.  There are none on now but I have noticed a few sets of carbs going through in the last few months.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Might be worth giving Nik Wallis a call "eBay Nik's Euro Bits" I know he has stuff that is not listed or try Sprint Engineering, same deal.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

I Emailed Nik yesterday, just awaiting a reply.

Been searching Ebay in all countries, found a couple of sets in the USA, but they seemed expensive for a secondhand  set of carbs.
 :shock:

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

rf9rider

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Have ya tryed..............

http://www.triumph-ant.co.uk/

KK

No, but i have now, Cheers.  :D

Bixxer Bob

Also, a  bit of research into carbs used on other models of similar age (even non-Triumph) might widen your chances...   either by part number or makers model number or just simply the bore size.  You can always re-jet to fit the Tiger.  Carbs are an of-the-shelf item, rarely a special-to-type. Might save you a few bob.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Interesting idea.  I wonder if this chap could help...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-900-Frame ... 439e78cddd
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

Nice idea Bob, trying that as we speak.
I`ve Emailed a few breakers but getting the same response, they are hard to come by.
I`m going to try and use my carbs, i`ve cleaned them out, set the needle clips and air pilot back to standard, and found an 0 ring to replace the missing one, and getting some stainless bolts to replace all the chewed up screws.
The piece of carb thats broken off is at the bottom where the air filter rubber fits, so i`m hoping that the rubber will fit over and not let air in.
We`ll see how it goes!

coachgeo

roughen up the area that broke off.  See if you can get someone to braze that area then use a file to reshape it.  orrrr. use epoxy in same manner.  after it dries take a file and reshape it?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

I'd go for the epoxy.  Carb metal is low quality alloy and does not lend itself readily to the use of heat.

Oh, and regarding "O" rings.  Do you know where Ed's Warehouse  (cash and carry) is in P'boro RR?  (Turn right off the road to Perkins factory just before MacDonald's, then instead of turning right into Homebase carpark, continue down that road about another 200yds and it's on the left.  If you're not a member, just ask to join - they're not picky about you being trade).  

Last time I was in there, on the tool isle, at the end closest to the tills, on the right with the tills to your front,  they had boxes of nuts, boxes of crimp terminals and, more relevant, boxes of assorted "O" rings for only a couple of quid.  Worth a look....

And if you get carried away with all the other goodies remember, all prices are EX VAT :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Cheers Bob, i`ll take a look at the o rings.
And i think i have sorted out a new carb body, just means stripping the carbs right down and replacing it.
 :shock:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Also, a  bit of research into carbs used on other models of similar age (even non-Triumph) might widen your chances...   either by part number or makers model number or just simply the bore size.  You can always re-jet to fit the Tiger.  Carbs are an of-the-shelf item, rarely a special-to-type. Might save you a few bob.

My mech found all bits available from the local Miki agent with the exception of the actual slides, listed as various Kawa's of similar vintage. Sorry he didn'note part no's.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD