News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Advice requested on water pump overhaul please.

Started by MIMbox, April 04, 2010, 04:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIMbox

Hi All.
weather improving down in London town, and I'm tackling a little job on the Tigger.
I have removed the water pump to cure a slight water leak.
I have a good condition spare, with a set of new seals from Triumph.
Question, would you use sealant around the seals for the inner/outer body and the metal pipe from the radiator?
If so, what type etc etc.?

Thanks in advance..

Mustang

use a good brand of RTV silicone sealant between the two halfs of the water pump and as for the pipe outlets new hoses and new hose clamps work exceptionally well . rtv sealant will help but new hoses are the way to go .

something like this works real well

Sin_Tiger

Hope this works for you, I ordered a new waterpump without checking the price  :shock: so I will be looking at overhauling the original if it can be done  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint