News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Little trip around Wiltshire (mini ride report)

Started by Nick Calne, April 13, 2010, 12:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Just been on a little blast round Wiltshire and took a few shots.

First rode south to Woodhenge which, despite being only 30 miles away, I have never visited before.  It was a wooden version of Stonehenge apparently erected 5000 years ago.  The ancient timbers are marked by concrete posts.  It was a bit underwhelming, which prompted the future Mrs C to do an quick impression of Heather Mills.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/stonehengeinteractivemap/sites/woodhenge/01.html

The tiger was running very well and I'm enjoying the new tyres Bridgestone Battlewings which are miles better than the Michelin T66's.  Turn in is so much sharper.   In fact I keep scaring myself by turning in too fast.

Then tootled off to Old Sarum near Salisbury.  This is a natural hill fort that has been improved since the neolithic times.  In the middle ages it got a Mott and bailey castle some of which remains.  There was also a full on cathedral there too, all gone now.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.16426

More interestingly, I dropped the bike in the car park and the future Mrs C took exception to being dumped on her arse and tried to kicked me in the nuts. (I'm fine thanks)  I calmed her down with some Chocolate.  No damage to bike.

Hey who nicked my cathedral...

Then a spot of lunch by the river Avon.  There were a couple of harrier jets buzzing around overhead, doing some cool turns - quite impressive.

Then off home, on the way I saw this village name...disgusting concept...

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"quick impression of Heather Mills.
...disgusting concept...

:ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Will you guys stop doing this?  I'm busier now than when I had a job.  Tiger and Bird are both serviceable now, but I'm torn between doing the crank seals on my 350 Yam and the plumbing for my daughters flat. (The Yam won.... cranks out, and ok, waiting for new seals coming)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...