News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will be off to Colorado for an Iron butt and to visit son.

Started by Tiger04, April 16, 2010, 07:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger04

Well I'm planning my first iron butt ride 2nd week of May. Total miles one way 1,011  :shock: Plan to ride it in less than 16 hours, but I put in a little margin for error.leaving my home in Illinois at 4:00am and arriving at my sons door step in Boulder around 8:00pm that evening. :headbang Plan to stay a few days and visit.Nice that I sent him to college out there, gives me a great excuse to show up. I will try and post an after ride report too.
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"

Tiger04

Well will be leaving for CO. Mothers day with the wife's blessings. changed the route a little with total miles 1042. Pictures and report to come.
Henry

coachgeo

best of luck.   BE SAFE
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

Quote from: "Tiger04"Well I'm planning my first iron butt ride 2nd week of May. Total miles one way 1,011  :shock: Plan to ride it in less than 16 hours, but I put in a little margin for error.leaving my home in Illinois at 4:00am and arriving at my sons door step in Boulder around 8:00pm that evening.

drink plenty of water, use a camelback ...............coffee DOES NOT work , and remember the more tired you get the less alert you are . lots of idiots with cell phones out there .

700 miles is a long tiring day ....... if you start to get really tired like yawning all the time and fighting to stay awake ,pull over and catch a nap ,trust me tired and motorcycles don't mix well .the end result is not pretty.

Tiger04

I do have my camel back 2L. My ipod and a camera to document my ride. Plan on 8hrs of rest the day before ride. I know that fatigue is the #1 thing that can ruin a ride. If it comes to that I'll rest ,I'm crazy but not that crazy!  :wink: Will drive the speed limit Several riders have said its better for gas mileage and leads to less fuel stops.
Henry

Geoff D

Quote from: "Mustang"700 miles is a long tiring day ....... if you start to get really tired like yawning all the time and fighting to stay awake ,pull over and catch a nap ,trust me tired and motorcycles don't mix well .the end result is not pretty.

+1  Ride safe  :thumbsup
The older I get the faster I was...