News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Comfortable seat?

Started by Sabertooth, June 22, 2010, 04:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sabertooth"Holy Hannah, my bum hurt after our ride this weekend.
:shock:  :shock:

i could get meself in a heep O trouble if i add any comments here   :roll:

i had an old sheepskin rug lyin around on the floor ( what else Do they do ) tryed it on me Tigger seat and its never been off since !! i like it !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

ackme

For under $100 Spencer Moto Seat mods will take your stock seat and re-shape it and add Supracor memory foam.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

The down side is you have to send him your seat for week to 10 days (including shipping and return). On the upside I found him to be super helpful and very customer service oriented.

I had it done this spring and just got back from a 5 day ride doing 8-10 hours and 200-300 miles per day.  :D  No discomfort whatsoever. As several folks have mentioned it is necessary whatever seat you have to change positions occasionally to keep the blood flowing.   :wink:

As far as the sheepskin/beadrider/airhawk approach goes, I don't have any direct experience but jeez it seems like all those Iron Butt Rally folks use one or the other.  So there must be something working there.

ack
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.

2005 955i Tiger, British Racing Green- plenty of umph

macgart

+1 for Spencer.  I have had two seats done by him and both were well worth the money.

I've done over 8,000 miles in the last three months and I am really happy with my seat.

For super long distance the Russel looks like the best out there, but the cost is too much for me.

I tried a gel pad but hated it.  An air hawk looks interesting if you have the inseam for it.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/