News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shift Lever Question with Pictures this time

Started by 98Elnegrotigre, April 22, 2010, 03:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98Elnegrotigre

Hey guys. Mustang and Dr. Mordo thanks for your responses. I'm a rookie on the board, thanks for helping and here is the picture of my challenge.
I put on the MFW adjustable footpegs and due to the slight extension and the stock toe peg being so small, my foot is too far to the left of the toe peg. Wondering if there is a recommended shift extension or another shift lever all together. Thanks for your time and experience.

Mustang

there is not a aftermarket shift lever that will work good on a steamer .....you are pretty much stuck with the stock one

So basically th eonly solution you have is what was mentioned in your other thread would be to cut off and drill l it out and install a longer bolt for the lever

sorry but shift levers are not something a steamer has anything to choose from due to the position of the shift shaft in relation to the footpegs

rf9rider

Or you could try and bend the gear lever out, then bend the toe peg lever forward to suit.

Don`t know how brittle they are, they might snap?

Maybe some heat would help?

Failing that, buy some different foot pegs, i hear Mustangs are very good.  :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Another option I have considered might be to cut the end off the original, if you're feeling brave, buy an ftermarket one with a folding tip, cut the shaft clamp end off and then "splice"the two together with the newer one on the outside. That'll give you a bit more offset and reduce the risk of breaking it in an off.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint