News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

first jaunt on my new Tiger

Started by Gungho1989, May 01, 2010, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gungho1989

Just got off the interstate after 2.5 hours. Stopped to grab a bite and stretch my legs.
I love the Tiger. Plenty of power and just purrs along at any speed. Spent most of the trip running 85 or so.
Weather here was iffy nasty storms throughout the night and looked crummy this morning but a quick look at the radar and decided heck with it been wet before.
Well burgers here.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Nick Calne

Brilliant.  Glad you liked it.  How bout some photos?  

Funny how everyone says tiger's just love to sit at 85.  Strangely, the ones I have tried  also seem to sit really well at just over 50 too.  I wonder if other bikes have a 'happy point' - I'm can't tell, my other bike, (Daytona) just wants to go faster no matter what...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Yukon

Just imagine how much fun it is going to be after you take her off the interstate!

Gungho1989

I enjoyed it at every speed to be honest but liked mosein  along at 85 the best anything over double ought was a blast. :twisted:

Blind luck and an Ipod saved me from a major ticket though. Play list ended so I slowed down got in the granny lane to adjust the Ipod, the little group I was running with went on without me, I sat there for a bit longer enjoying the calmer air behind a Semi, then stepped on out to catch back up. As I come around the Semi I see a State boy ripping across the median like Deputy Cletus Hogg, dirt flying light a burnin.  :shock:

So I eased off as he picked the last two guys off the pack and trying to disassociate with that law breacking rabble, going by at just slightly over the posted speed limit. (Didn't want to look too innocent.)  8)  [/i]
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Gungho1989

I will get some pics up just as soon as I can. Stayed pretty much dry today but had to leave the gunshow a bit early to outrun a storm that was bearing down. Thank (insert preferred deity) for those fancy little cell phones with internet and the weather bug!
 One of these days time and money permitting I want to hit the Dragon. I would consider giving a testicle for both of the above mentioned items.

plenty of wood along this route.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mustang

Quote from: "Gungho1989"One of these days time and money permitting I want to hit the Dragon. I would consider giving a testicle for both of the above mentioned items.

It's over rated ................there are a lot of better roads to be found .
The police presence on the Dragon is unbelieveable .......it is not worth the trip anymore in my opinion

tett

It is now a game with the cops seeing how much they can rack up by the end of the day.  Touch the yellow lines its a fine!

However, it may not be all black and white.  A few years ago the there were so many idiots on the dragon creating way to many accidents and complaints from good riders/drivers.  It really was these guys that ruined the dragon for the rest of the riders.

tett

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Gungho1989"One of these days time and money permitting I want to hit the Dragon. I would consider giving a testicle for both of the above mentioned items.

It's over rated ................there are a lot of better roads to be found .
The police presence on the Dragon is unbelieveable .......it is not worth the trip anymore in my opinion
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger