News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger wheel and forks?

Started by morton750, May 06, 2010, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morton750

Hello everybody,

though no stranger to Triumphs old or new, I have never been a Tiger owner myself, merely a not so secret admirer of the big cats since they first started making them.
I have a question regarding the Tiger front forks, I'm working on a bike project and wondering which front forks will adapt the earliest type Tiger wheel - will it fit the next generation forks or only the 885 one?

Hope somebody can help me....if anybody has a suitable front fork in good shape for sale, I might be interested.

Mustang

the 1st generation tiger wheel has smaller rotors so the caliper mounts on the later forks won't match up

morton750

Thank you, good to know! Would it be possible to replace the rotors with newer ones? Easiest thing would probably be to find the right set of forks...

Mustang

Quote from: "morton750"Thank you, good to know! Would it be possible to replace the rotors with newer ones? Easiest thing would probably be to find the right set of forks...

simple answer is no  ..............
forks come up on ebay from time to time

here's a set on ebay right now for $175 with shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95-96-97-98-Triumph-Tiger-900-Front-Forks-Straight-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a592cfee1QQitemZ250604224225QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Chris Canning

Strangely enough as i'm a great beleaver in buying things when their the price and not when you need e'm,i've had a set of Tiger forks 885/955 hanging on the garage wall for years  :roll:

morton750

This is getting interesting....just the fork legs or complete with triple trees?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Strangely enough as i'm a great beleaver in buying things when their the price and not when you need e'm, :roll:

It's a duty  :roll:  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"Strangely enough as i'm a great beleaver in buying things when their the price and not when you need e'm, :roll:

It's a duty  :roll:  :wink:

Same here, only had my Steamer a couple of months, i now have a  spare frame, spare exhausts, spare swing arm, and almost a complete spare bodykit.
I also just bought some Trident wheels to fit.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chris Canning

Blimey at the mo,I've got a full set of spare body work,forks,wheels,rear shock,seat,exhaust,discs/calipers/airbox,chain guard,which under normal circumstance wouldn't be a problem but i've the same as well for 3 other bikes all in the loft :roll:

BONANZA

:shock: Bloody Hell. Youre loft must be like a breakers yard!! :lol:  I,m starting to get the same problem with clothing and luggage, last count was 1 top box, 2 tiger panniers, 1 tiger tank bag, 3 various size tank bags, 2 seat bags and 1 set of soft panniers.  I can,t begin to add up the various bits of riding gear for myself and the wife. :?
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

morton750

If anybody should have a front fork taking up a little too much place, I may very well be interested in buying one, preferably complete with triple trees.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "morton750"If anybody should have a front fork taking up a little too much place, I may very well be interested in buying one, preferably complete with triple trees.

And you are where??!!

morton750

Good point, never thought of that....I'm in Norway, but can easily arrange a shipping address and maybe even pick-up in the UK.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Blimey at the mo,I've got a full set of spare body work,forks,wheels,rear shock,seat,exhaust,discs/calipers/airbox,chain guard,which under normal circumstance wouldn't be a problem but i've the same as well for 3 other bikes all in the loft :roll:

I saw a program on Discovery a while ago, the husband was rebuilding a beetle and the wife reconned she could be the first woman to be injured in a car accident while still in her own bed when the ceiling fell in  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning