News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1999 Legend Throttle Cable

Started by pineygroveshop, May 08, 2010, 11:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineygroveshop

Dudes/Dudettes,
I've a buddy with a busted throttle cable on his Legend.  Some Triumph drivers and I are gonna get liquored up and give the replacement a go.  Has anyone any experience with this project?  Detailed instructions and/or scanned pages from the shop manual would be appreciated.
Cheers,
mailto:pineygroveshop@nc.rr.com">pineygroveshop@nc.rr.com
Cheers,
Stephen

Mustang

you will spend so much time trying to get the cable into the linkage on the carb that it would be easier to just pull the carbs off the bike in the 1st place ...............trust me it's quicker to just bite the bullet and pull the carbs

swamper650

I replaced the throttle cable a few years ago on my T-Bird Sport. It was a tedious job and yes I did loosen the carbs and pull them back. Good luck...save the refreshments till after...................
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding