News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just got my new baby

Started by Bob Tosi, May 11, 2010, 07:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

Got me a new to me '98 Steamer!!!!!! 32,587miles in just about perfect condition ready for adventure.  Loving it totally!!!  Pretty much all stock ready for upgrades

Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

BruKen

Sin_Tiger

Looks very well cared for evidenced by how shiney it is but at the same time well used judging by the seat cover  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

lovely   8)  nice that it came with centerstand and crashbars .

Bob Tosi

does the standard undercarrige crash bar work well?  I was thinking of modifying it to be more rugged and go farther back.

Mustang

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"does the standard undercarriage crash bar work well?  I was thinking of modifying it to be more rugged and go farther back.
it is only a guard to keep rocks thrown up from the front tire from dinging the pipes ...................it is not very rugged , it is mainly there for the "look"

Bob Tosi

Yo Mustang, whats shaking?  Guess I'll have to search here and/or figure something else out?

JetdocX

Wow!  Another Steamer in NorCal.  That makes, what, like three of us?

I'm up in Chico every so often visiting my sister.  Go say Hi to her if you're ever in one of her Great Harvest stores. 8)
From parts unknown.

Mustang

your soon going to find that you need to be "crafty" if you want xtra's for a steamer.....................or have lots of to find someone who can make you custom one off parts

there isn't much available for steamers anymore

there were never very many steamers in the USA to make it viable for aftermarket companys to make any thing for them in the first place .

in 1998 there were only 500 or so steamers imported to the US

the earlier years were even less .

They just were not that popular here in the US 15 years ago

If they made the new tiger everyone keeps talking about look like the old steamer they will probably sell shit load's of em now a days ...... :shock:

Bob Tosi

[quoteThere was some discussion on improving the connection between the alternator and battery by removing the plastic connector, then wiring direct to battery. It was a bit more involved, but the idea was to remove the voltage drop at the "rubbish" factory connection
[/quote]

JetdocX

I live right down the street from a Great Harvest.  Live in Cal Park.  We have to ride!

JetdocX

I'll also offer tools,garage space, and coaching should you need them.  

And next time I'm itching for another Highway 36 trip, I'll let you know.
From parts unknown.

BR

Yup, that's my Steamer!  Bob made the drive to San Jose last week and we completed the deal.  I miss the Steamer but just didn't have room or the time for a second bike.  Owned it 7 yrs (purch June '03) but put less than 4K miles on it.  Despite being in the garage virutally the whole time, the OEM seat cover dried out a bit and cracked, right where I sit on it of course. Anyway, both parties are happy and I'll still be checking in here from time to time.  Here's some crappy cell-phone pics...

Brendan
'98 Steamer (sold!)
'95 ST-1100 (daily driver)

Sin_Tiger

Glad to hear it went to an appreciative new owner.

Don't be a stranger, well not any stranger than the rest of us  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bob Tosi

Brenden your the man! Thanks for all the help and good vibes.  She's a dream. Love riding her.  Cant get the smile off my face!