News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Horn relocation... need ideas...

Started by flux, April 19, 2009, 01:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmo

Wrote about this a looong time ago:
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5006
But the best part is that the whole was, for me, free.
All the bits come from an auto breakers, and they'll usually let you have the stuff for nearly nothing.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

jsingraham

I put the Stebel Nautilus on my 06.  I mounted it under the rear cowl, behind the seat.  perfect little void in there for it which requires little to no mounting of the horn at all.  Just sat it on a piece of foam to keep from bouncing any.  

For hook up, I did put in a separate circuit for it and relay, but just extended the ground switch wire from the factory horns back to the stebel so that all my factory wiring is still in tact and the factory horns are still mounted as well.  This way all I have to do to take to stock is clip the ground back to the horns up front and it is done.

you probably lose a bit of the sound since it is enclosed, but not much.  And compared to the factory horns, well, there is no comparison if you ask me.

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)