News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW-MOTECH Centerstand ?

Started by Gungho1989, April 30, 2010, 01:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gungho1989

Ran into this at a online retailer. Good stuff? Installation?
 Thanks
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

JetdocX

Yes.  Buy a lift for installation, or lay it down in your garage.
From parts unknown.

rf9rider

First thing i bought for mine, been well worth the money.  :D

Gungho1989

Quote from: "JetdocX"lay it down in your garage.

:shock:  :shock:
  I figure if I ever get to the sleeping tiger thing it will have to be the hard way.  :oops:
 Ive never lain a scoot over on its side to work on it, didn't even know this was possible.  :?:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

Nick Calne

The best thing to do is devise a support under the engine AND then ensure the bike can't fall over to the sides.   I used a hydraulic car jack to get it onto some thick timber blocks.  If it does topple over sideways when you are working on the bike you need to be able to bench press 225kg.  Which is much harder than you'd imagine. :shock:

Quite a tough job to get the thing on, but I use it all the time and really like it.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

+1 on the weight.  I spent some time pinned to the garage wall by my Tiger being over-friendly until the wife came out to see why I'd been so long... :oops:

If you can't get the leverage, it's going no-where....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

when I did mine I wedged the bike  into the corner of the shed before jacking it up so it leaned against the wall...  :)  handy to have another person with you when fitting the stand especially whilst you're trying to get the bolt through the bracket/stand/shock mount, whilst trying to stop the bike falling on you!!! but yep agree the best thing i've done to mine (apart from riding it!)

Gungho1989

I have a good sized beam over the center of my work space in the garage, is slinging it an option?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JetdocX

Quote from: "Gungho1989"I have a good sized beam over the center of my work space in the garage, is slinging it an option?

Yes, but grab some of the frame up high also to stabilize the load so it doesn't roll over on you.
From parts unknown.

Gungho1989

Thanks for the advice and opinions. I will be getting one of these soon then,
 sell off an item or two from my other hobby and Ill have the jack to geta few items for the tigger.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ramseybella

Quote from: "Gungho1989"Ran into this at a online retailer. Good stuff? Installation?
 Thanks

Can you post a photo mounted on a Steamer, How it is mounted, mounting points?

rf9rider

Quote from: "ramseybella"
Quote from: "Gungho1989"Ran into this at a online retailer. Good stuff? Installation?
 Thanks

Can you post a photo mounted on a Steamer, How it is mounted, mounting points?

Here ya go

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1472#21472

Colonel Nikolai

I used an old engine hoist to replace my rear suspension (picture on this forum: http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 04590b035a). Might be the right thing for the center stand, too.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

c-rad

You may wish to check the alignment of the tubes about which the stand pivots before you install it.  When I got mine I just happened to put it together prior to installation (bolt and bushings) and found that it was impossible to get the bolt through both bushings if they were in the tubes.

I straightened the axis out with a vice and rod.  Installation would have been really tricky if I hadn't dealt with that first.