News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A Breath of Fresh'ish Air

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 21, 2010, 07:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Just thought I'd share a couple of tips I've picked up from others that I've found really useful.

Smelly Top Box
Boxes by their nature are more or less water tight so don't allow much if any ventillation. Ever found that when you stow your wet or sweaty helmet &/or gloves away in your boxes at a stop or after a ride and open it up later you are greated by that familiar musty pong? Try sticking a little Air Freshener / Deodoriser unit in a corner of your box. Doesn't need to be anything fancy just a common domestic one will do, your choice of synthetic pong, loose or Bluetacked in a corner they don't take much space or add much weight. Every time the box is opened you are greeted with a lovely wiff and feel better about putting your gear on, even if it is still a bit soggy.

Wiffy Leather Gloves or Boots
Leather boots and gloves although essential are expensive but hard to keep clean on the inside. Leaving them airing takes a long time before the bacteria from your natural juices dies off and even longer before their odour dissipates. Sticking these tennis shoe balls in can help but for a quick fix that works because it kills the bacteria almost immediately try using tohse commonly available fabric sanitizers available for carpets and sofas like Febreeze. Just spray the insides with a few squirts when you take them off and the next time you use them, even just a few hours later they are pretty fresh. Works for helmet liners, ski boots & gloves too.

No more Nasty Niff's
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Already do the Fabreze thing,  works for me.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

oxnsox

Thanks Aunt Daisy  :wink:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "oxnsox"Thanks Aunt Daisy  :wink:

:P  As Jeremy Claskson remarked "not only am I in touch with my feminine side, I'm also in touch with my gay side"  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

I would get in touch with my feminine side...if I had one.

My Mom has "Son" tattooed on her harm.

I live vicarouosly through myself.
From parts unknown.

EvilBetty

I live vicariously through what little money I have :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD