News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

And now, a word on bikebandit.com (not a good review)

Started by tazshido, May 31, 2010, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

I have an 06 Girly and she needed new rear brake pads. I decided to buy them off bike bandit. I waited TWO WEEKS for them to get here, and when they finally came I opened the box, pulled them out of the blister pack and got my tools together to swap them out. I was excited because I'd been riding on just the fronts for almost 3 weeks. Well, they were the wrong pads. So I put the pads back in the pack and taped it up and send bikebandit a return request. They say that if the package is in "undamaged, unopened condition" they will let you pay to send it back and refund your money less a %20 Restocking fee. If the package is opened or damaged in any way they will not refund any money and if you've already sent them the product, just to find out you're SOL they make YOU pay to have the useless part shipped back to you. I gotta blow my own horn a little here. I asked the return questions before blowing my money on shipping
   When I called Colo Euro Sports in Loveland CO, they had to ask the VIN. There was a mid year caliper change on the Girlies in 2006. So by American rules it's a 2006 1/2. The stealership is making about $30 on a product they get to buy for $20 or so. But I needed the pads.
   Bike bandit will not budge so I have told them that I will not be shopping there any longer and that I would make sure to report this to all the forums I belong to.
   Anybody need a set of 05-early 06 rear pads?
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Sin_Tiger

What an attitude, how do they manage to stay in business  :x
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

they tell you right up front in the terms and conditions ............they also tell you that Triumph not them is the one that charges the restocking fee .
and also that Triumph is the ones that want undamaged unopened returns .

Bike Bandit does not stock parts they aquire them from whichever manufacturer you want parts from. Then pass them on to you
It's the manufacturers that call the shots
bike Bandit is just the middle man ..........and this info is in the terms and conditions when you order ..if you read it or not is another matter , you need to be sure when you order

Sin_Tiger

Fair comment but you'd think thye would ask for the VIN number if they know there are changes.

I ordered parts from Jack Lilley recently, must confess I didn't study the terms etc. to that degree but they took the time to come back to me to query a couple of items where there was some ambiguity and corrected me on one, actually reduced the order saving me money. Iit's the personal touch that's missing, maybe BB are just too big and not dedicated to the Triumph brand  :?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Bike Bandit is nothing more than an internet go between for OEM parts
they are not brand loyal they get stuff from all manufacturers .
 They have a whole different set of rules for shopping with them on aftermarket stuff
and are much easier and forgiving

the OEM parts............ they order them for you from the respective manufacturer and they only have the info for what is provided to them from the manufacturer

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Iit's the personal touch that's missing, maybe BB are just too big and not dedicated to the Triumph brand  :?
exactly ............they are not a triumph dealer they can just get parts for you