News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1995 Speed Triple for sale

Started by Hemibee, June 02, 2010, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

A member over on Two Wheeled Texans has posted his 1995 Speed Triple for sale and I thought there may be someone here that would be interested in the bike.  I do not know Scott, other than his postings on TWT so I know nothing about this bike other than what is in his post.  I won't go into all the details of why the bike is for sale but will say it is due a fatal crash he came up on while traveling in his 4X4.  If you want to read the reason click this link... http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48659

I will add I have no connection with this bike in any way shape or form, I'm just trying to help a rider that has asked for a little help dealing with the the traumatic event he experienced.

I will provide Scott with a link to this post so he can respond to any questions you may have about the bike or you can contact him thru Two Wheeled Texans http://www.twtex.com/  

If I have errored in posting this here, please feel free to delete the post.

Quote1995 Triumph Speed Triple

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It hurts me to do this, but after this weekends' traumatic events, my wife and I agreed that I probably shouldn't have bikes to ride for a while. I am keeping my XR650L and doing a restore on it, by the time its through I think I'll have put the accident and the images to the back of my mind...

Gary said it best, and the bike only has 50 more miles on it than when he sold it to me. Here is the info from Gary's ad.

The Original Hooligan
1995 Speed Triple

21,6xx miles
885cc's of triple torque goodness.

The Bad.
Tach and neutral light are wonky.
Checked the input voltage-OK. There's a short between the tach circuit and neutral circuit. The nuetral light is faintly lit when not in gear. The tach drops 500 rpm (not the engine) when you put the bike in neutral.
I think the tach's probably fine, but a new tach on Bike Bandit is $314.84 (part # 7394938-001)
Very, very small dent in gas tank; left side.
One of the carb float valve's sticks on occasion. A set of 3 runs about $250

The Good.
Clear Title
Bar-end mirrors (OEM mirrors available)
New Speedo cable (12/08)
12K Valve service
New fork oil & seals (12K, 11/07)
New chain (12K, 11/07)
New air box/filter (12K, 11/07)
New plugs (5K, 11/06)
Owner's Manual (paper booklet) and Shop Manual/Parts Manual CD
About 2-3K left on tires
Carbon front mudguard
Seat cowl
Engine sliders
3 of 4 OEM turn signals available
6 month old battery
Puts a smile on your face when you twist the throttle
Has to be the coolest naked bike e-v-e-r

It's been down 2x on parking lot tipovers. That's the reason for the new turn signals. Starts first time/every time. The checkerboard strips are not clear cloated, so they can be easily removed for the OEM purists.

Asking $2575. Price is negotiable for a quick sale.

Link to photos of the bike.
http://photos.leavelles.net/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=9297864&AlbumKey=WTpNp

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne