News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

electrical hicup on the Tiger, 98

Started by Bob Tosi, May 27, 2010, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

Ah yes Master Mustang, keeper of all  Tiger knowledge  :D   :notworthy    .  Man how long have you been wrenching on Tigers?  You come up with all the good stuff.  I am checking that out today.

On a side note do you know if it is possible to download GPS tracks to a Tom Tom?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Mustang

Quote from: "Bob Tosi".  Man how long have you been wrenching on Tigers?  

since 1995

Bob Tosi

That answers the question then.

Bob Tosi

So I found the plug and it has 13.4 volts across the plug in, so 1 side is to ground.  When I go to ground with a lead of the tester and the other lead to the hot side I get 13.9 volts.  At the battery, I get 14.9 volts charging the battery.  

My plan is to use the test port and fuse it with a 5 amp fuse to the aux power port.

Mustang

the GPS only needs to be fused for 2 amp I just installed a Garmin 2610 on a Honda trans alp and the wiring was fused for 2 amps
I was a little high on my guess for a fuse rating in my answer to you b4

Bob Tosi

so here is my temporary setup for GPS.  The aux power is just to the right of the Tom Tom unit.  I stress its only temporary because I need to test out the setup.

the picture is crap cause its from a cell phone, sorry.

ramseybella

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"ditched the clock on the advise of smarter people than me.  the wiring was very simple, now I have a power source for my aux power outlet.

Also got my new seat:

How did you wire that amp meter clock on my Tig is useless?