News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork oil again

Started by Timbox2, June 29, 2010, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ive searched and am now totally confused as to the correct oil qty/level for my 05 Tiger.

The Haynes manual says 720cc or 107mm.

Ive got Hyperpro springs and the Hyperpro manual says the level should be 280mm, jeez thats a hell of a difference, what do folks think?
2016 Tiger Sport

KuzzinKenny

Hey Timbox2 !! checkout this post............

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=forks

and go down to Silverstripes ( gone to the dark side  :?  )

Up to Vin 198874 = 107mm
From Vin 198874 = 146 mm

KK

ps check there website, it has support PDF`s
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Timbox2

Cheers Kenny,
I emailed Hyperpro in the end and they have sent me a PDF which states that with their springs installed you use 0.5ltr per leg, much easier than measuring. Im assuming that their springs have more coils therefore displace more volume hence the reduction.
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Started the strip down this morning at 7am, all finished by 9, not bad for a first attempt. Although the oil was fairly discolored not too much sludge, but with the new oil in I can even notice a difference hand pumping the forks, road test later after Ive done another oil and filter change ready for next weeks 250 mile per day commute :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Ok, so, amazing difference, the old oil must have been knackered, most noticeable thing Ive done to the bike so far, floats over the rough stuff now, it was kicking back a fair bit before, I thought it was just crap suspension, which it still probably is comparatively, but much less so now, good un  :D
2016 Tiger Sport