News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

COILS

Started by ROCKOZ, July 01, 2010, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCKOZ

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-PVL-ignition- ... 43a02aea2d

Are these any good. They mention nology coils which from what I've read on here you all seem to think alot of..?

Thanks alot

Oz

nightrunner

That price is painful.  Have you heard about the option of swapping in the TT600 coils?
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

ROCKOZ

I've heard about it, but don't really know about it at all...

ROCKOZ

nightrunner

Those be the ones.  You ditch your coils and plug wires, and these sit right on top of the spark plugs.  You'll have to get some stranded wire and female spade connectors and extend the coil wires over to the spark plugs but its really easy.

Or the Nologys are a direct swap.  Either way.  I think more people on this board go with the Nologys.  I did the TT600 route
Scott

BruKen

Quote from: "ROCKOZ"http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-PVL-ignition-coil-Triumph-Trident-Trophy-3-Tiger-/290449975853?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43a02aea2d

Are these any good. They mention nology coils which from what I've read on here you all seem to think alot of..?

Thanks alot

Oz

That is not too bad all things concidered .....   http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/nology- ... 5664-p.asp

ROCKOZ

I have gently persuaded my dad to let me use his coils from a daytona 750 1992. I understand they are the same coils. I have tested mine and they seem like they are fine, but I really can't see how it can be anything else.. If his coils work then I will have to decide what to do..
With regards to the nologies - For £70 are you buying one coil? or all 3? and do I need single outlet?
Cheers
Oz

Mustang

that is the price for one ...........you need 3 . they are single outlet for tiger.

If you can identify the bad coil on bike , IE which cylinder is acting up you obviously don't need to buy 3 coils at once you can jst replace the one bad coil.

The price seems a little steep to me that converts to 106 US dollars

these guys are $70 US Dollars and they ship world wide
http://search.newlevelmotorsports.com/? ... ds=triumph

B.Curvin

Just an FYI. I recently put TT600 coils on my Steamer. It ran better but was still (actually harder) hard to start.

I bit the bullet and put the Nologys on three weeks ago.

It runs and idles perfect now and starts INSTANTLY.

Basri...

I need 3 Nology coils but "New Level Motorsports" in U.S.A. does not deliver to Turkey, their price is great, 69.99 usd per coil. Plus 20% off for over 200 usd purchase.

Does anybody knows a dealer sells at similar prices (70 usd = 38 gbp = 50 euro) and delivers to Turkey, preferably in Europe...

Thanks...
Basri,

since 1965...

rybes

go to new level motorsport like mustang said. i got 3 coils leads n plugs delivered in 2 weeks. best bit was, they were cheaper than buyin 3 nology coils from the uk ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

I also went the TT600 route and have had no problems with them at all. Starts well and runs well.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Basri...

Quote from: "rybes"go to new level motorsport like mustang said. i got 3 coils leads n plugs delivered in 2 weeks. best bit was, they were cheaper than buyin 3 nology coils from the uk ;)

That's definetely what i am going to do, will get wires too, than will cost me around 300 bugs + shipping.. Trying to put that money together ..

Quote from: "GavD"I also went the TT600 route and have had no problems with them at all. Starts well and runs well.

TT600s are an option, but since the Nologys are just plug and play, and heard no complaint about them, and can combine them with the same brand wires, will go with Nologys,  soon... I hope... :?
Basri,

since 1965...

nightrunner

Of course with the TT600 coils there are no plug wires so that's one less expensive part to wear out.
Scott

rf9rider

I have the TT600 coils on mine, starts and runs fine.