News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Mikuni questions...

Started by balancenathan, July 02, 2010, 12:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balancenathan

I'm working on a 1994 Tiger w/ Mikuni carbs.  The guy I bought it from took it down to nuts and bolts {literally}.
I have it together and running well but at about 4 grand it bags and starves for fuel, when I put my lips on the aux fuel line and blow (yeah yeah insert joke here) it takes right off and runs fine.
My question is:

Is it supposed to have 2 vent lines and 1 fuel inlet line or do I have it backwards and it needs 2 fuel inlets.  

It only comes with 3 of the inlet T's so is it backwards and if so what do I do with 2 fuel lines and only 1 fuel outlet on the tank?
Also where do the vent lines/line run to? anywhere? or just out into the air?

Thanks for your help with this.....

BalanceNathan

Mustang

they are both vent lines and run up and over the top of the air box to hang down behind the air box open to the world

The fuel supply is a single line that feeds to the tee between #2 and #3 carb .there is a nylon filter cone in the fuel line right there originally .

nightrunner

You may want to check that Tee in the fuel line behind the carbs.  That tiny little filter Mustang mentions is not even visible.  You have to know it exists, and it can get clogged and shut you down.  Most of us put in a regular filter below the tank to catch the dirt.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

balancenathan

that little filter is out, I'm going to use a regular inline filter.  So I have it hooked up correctly but still bogging around 4 grand.

Any ideas?

like I said before when I blow into the aux. fuel line I'm using it runs just like it should.

Thx

qbto

Not an expert on carbs but isn't 4000rpm about when the main jets take over from the pilot jet ?  Are the main jets the right size ?

I'm assuming your float height is correct ?

Hittman

The airbox is supposed to have 1 side capped off. Is the cap on the airbox?