News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

98 Tiger *****gone*****

Started by B.Curvin, July 02, 2010, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.Curvin

About 48,000 miles.

The day I brought it home 1 year ago.

The only thing left to do on this bike is set the suspension up to your particulars.

Just had:
Valve adjustment
New nology coils
I fixed the DAR
Air Filter
Carbs cleaned
I took off the LOUD carbon Cans and installed OEM Hayabusa cans. They look like they came on it, it runs GREAT and it's quiet plus I did not have to modify anything on the bike. Carbon or OEM cans will still go right back on.
Carbon cans go with it.
All bearings greased
new shifter bushing and brake pedal bushing
new gel battery
Handle bar end cruise control (the bar end weight that doesn't look like cruise control).
Straightened and  braced kickstand.

Comes with full complement of Triumph Givi bags and the unobtanium rack.

I know there's a lot I'm forgetting. I 'll post up what I've forgotten later and put up current pics this weekend.

It starts INSTANTLY. You can turn the choke off almost immediately.

Runs like a scalded Tiger.

These aren't exactly everywhere and everything but the suspension is new or freshened up. Plus it has ALL the factory extras.

Did I say it's never been on the ground?

$3500

Mustang

location helps sell the bike ...............just sayin  :wink:  :roll:

B.Curvin

Quote from: "Mustang"location helps sell the bike ...............just sayin  :wink:  :roll:

Crap. Canton, NC USA (just outside Asheville)

:D

B.Curvin

Updated pics with the good camera. (the seat pad is just there due to a 34" inseam)

brad1098

Nice Steamer, I think it's worth the money.  Saw cross post on ADV.

Good luck with sale.
02 black-Lorna

Sin_Tiger

That is as sweet looking a Steamer as any, those cans just look so right on it.

Good luck with finding her a good home.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

B.Curvin

Quote from: "brad1098"Nice Steamer, I think it's worth the money.  Saw cross post on ADV.

Good luck with sale.

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"That is as sweet looking a Steamer as any, those cans just look so right on it.

Good luck with finding her a good home.

Why thank you and thank you.

Here's a video nasty I finally got round to.

:D

rf9rider

Nice  looker, good luck with the sale.

One question, what are the weight differences between stock and the Hayabusa cans if any?

B.Curvin

Quote from: "rf9rider"Nice  looker, good luck with the sale.

One question, what are the weight differences between stock and the Hayabusa cans if any?

Unfortunately I haven't a clue. I've never even touched a set of the stock cans.

These are pretty light for a stock can though. Easily half the weight of the

SV650 cans I have on the wall. I've got another set of Busa cans. If I can

round up a scale I'll weigh them. They cost 55.00 for a set of perfect cans on fleabay.

swhite

hi
i was just wondering if you be interested in selling your panniers/saddle bags and rack from your tiger.
steve

B.Curvin

Quote from: "swhite"hi
i was just wondering if you be interested in selling your panniers/saddle bags and rack from your tiger.
steve

Not unless someone buys the bike and does not want the rack/bags.

B.Curvin

New lower price cause we're in the middle of a really stinky economy.

2800 firm. This price will only be advertised here and at ADVRider.

Or I'd trade for a 2000 to 2006 Sportster (I have a project I want to do. A custom one off ADV Sportster).

theclowncrusty

Hi, slight thread hijack sorry, what link pipes are you running to get the busa cans to fit?
Good luck with the sale....
Mark

Mustang

ummmm I don't believe he visits here much anymore..........the bikes been sold for quite some time now  :shock:

theclowncrusty

Hi Mustang,
thanx for the heads up. i suppose i should have paid a bit more attention to the dates on the post.... DOH
On another matter, i saw a steamer listed on E-bay UK and the seller said he had fitted some lowered footpegs. I asked him about then through E-bay messaging and he said he had bought them from you? Are they still available, how much do they lower the foot position and how much are they?
Sorry for so many questions but i really love my new bike but i am finding aftermarket parts are like rocking horse droppings to find..... :(
Crusty