News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

idiot alert! water hose?

Started by BruKen, July 03, 2010, 08:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Ok, feeling a bit stupid here, but I am stumped as to where this hose leaving the thermostat housing goes

Please can someone tell me. I've looked everywhere and my book of words does not say

gatordoc

It's a bypass for the thermostat, if I am remembering correctly.  I think it runs down along the engine just in front of the clutch cover to an outlet near the bottom of the radiator/water pump.  I could be horribly wrong, though...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800

gatordoc

Here's mine, hope this helps.  I'm pretty certain that its supposed to go behind that cover, but I couldn't get it to fit in there for the life of me.  The bottom connects right where the hose disappears behind the hard line.

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800

BruKen

Thanks but I am not quite convinced as at the end of the hose there is a jubilee clamp so I am sure it goes onto something. I can't for the life of me see anything tho. The overflow is on the resevoir, which connects to the radiator cap.

Any chance of quickly tracing yours? I'd be extremely grateful. Right now I am confounded and completely clueless

BruKen

?

Just seen your picture. Thanks. Mmm wonder why the jubilee clamp then? There is no receiving nipple down there ????

gatordoc

Quote from: "BruKen"Any chance of quickly tracing yours? I'd be extremely grateful. Right now I am confounded and completely clueless

Hopefully the pic helps, I edited my previous double post to add it.

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800

BruKen

Found it! Hiding behind the metal piping. Thank you very much. Thank you!!!!!! Two hours of searching :D thank you :D

gatordoc

No worries mate, happy to help.

:occasion14

\'96 Steamer
\'11 800