News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Bars?

Started by JetdocX, July 13, 2010, 06:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Hi all!  Silly, stoopid question, now.  

Last weekend I did this:

And bent the hell out of my bars in the process.  

Have any of you got recomendations on aftermarket bars and what bends you use and why.  

Thanks!
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Most if not all of the aftermarket bars ie. renthal , pro taper etc , will not be tall enuff to clear the fairing at full lock ...................but you can use a set of Honda CR High Bend bars if you use a handlebar riser .
You need to add about a 2 inch rise . see photo

or you can use a ATV Bend which works really well without a riser but you may also have to lengthen your front brake cable as sometimes they end up Guitar string tight .

this link will give you the measurements of all the popular bars
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handl ... Fat%20Bars

Also something to consider .the aluminum alloy bars will make your fingers go numb from vibration unless you wear gloves and the steel Moose ATV Bars from Dennis Kirk don't buzz anywhere near as bad as the fancy aluminum bars that cost three to four times as much

:shock:

JetdocX

Thanks, Mustang!  

One question, though.  When did you modify your Steamer for cable-operated brakes?   :lol:  :P

I went long on some aftermarket clutch and brake lines a long time ago just in case I ever wanted risers, so it looks like the ATV bends are what I'm after.  Great info to know.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"Thanks, Mustang!  

One question, though.  When did you modify your Steamer for cable-operated brakes?   :lol:  :P

OOPS !
 :oops:  :oops: Had a 70"s moment there

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Mustang"Had a 70"s moment there

Platform shoes and all  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Good tip about steel compared to ally, fits with my experience too  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

abruzzi

I run the renthal desert classic bars, (bend 666). In addition to being endorsed by the prince of darkness, they are almost as tall as stock, they are fine on left turns, and only touch on right turns at full lock.  They are also two inches wider which keeps my shoulders out of the mirrors, and the extra width is more comfortable for me.

Geof