News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Off to Turkey

Started by violin, July 14, 2010, 11:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

violin

Well it seemed a good plan at the time, all our friends going to Turkey for a relaxing week on a Gulet, sailing around the coast of Turkey, me included, just one problem tho...... Acute flying phobia.... ok now stop laughing (bet you don't like spiders or something lol) so been to greece on the bike, easy.... well i was six years younger and the wench was pillion so at least i ate, but now Turkey... September .... alone.. but i'm really looking forward to it, what i need is some ideas, roads countries camp sites anything would help, where to miss and where not to!! got about eight day's to get there so drag out old diary's, map's and memories and give me some clues...... thank's in advance, Ted
WHEN THE TIGER SALAAMS, THE END OF THE WORLD ARRIVES..........

BigMark

When in september are you going?

violin

Got to be there about the 4th so if all goes to plan probably cross to Calais Friday 27th August, but all depends on timings of the route etc..... Ted

John Stenhouse

Greece and ferry or round the top?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

First part shouldn't be too hard.

Head down to Reims, then head for Annecy, mooch through the Alps into Italy.

From there it's either across and down the Balkans or down through Italy to the ferry port.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

BigMark

I, on the other hand would most certainly avoid the expensive Annecy, Italy and Switzerland and slab it down to Serbia in one / two days depending how you like to travel!
Get me green card out and shove it down the throats of the Serbian border guards (first border crossing) then hit the back roads at Zasavica (Sremska Mitrovica) to Mount Zlatibor and maybe a quick jaunt through the valleys into Montenegro and Bosnia's Primeval rainforest and maybe even Tara canyon to see if any of the local bears, wolves, vultures are millng about before heading back across to Devils Town near Novi Pazar. With the 22 being the best biking road in Serbia I would most certainly head up that to Kraljevo where you will find monasteries Zica & Studenica (very important for Serbian history).  Do not visit Kosovo as they won't let you back in Serbia if you have a Kosovo stamp!  I can help organise a hotel with  in  Kraljevo and safe parking if need be.  Then from Kraljevo – Nis (enter Bulgaria) straight down highway 1 and job done   :D  
Or do this on the way back of course!
But maybe you will not go this way and miss out on all the fun  8)   And plenty of opportunities for Tigger photos

I won't be that way when you head down but tell me when do you head back up?

Basri...

Ted, you have bed+food+tools+beer&raki in Kusadası/West Turkey.

You can directly pass to Kusadasi from Greek island Samos by ferry,

or,

ferry from Rodos (Greek island) to Marmaris (Turkey)

or,

ferry from Kos (Greek island) to Bodrum (Turkey)

Than come and stay a day or two at my home and plan the trip in Turkey..

This is Kusadasi

watch this for encouragement; :)
http://www.vidivodo.com/53607/turkiye-tanitim-filmi

mailto:hasanbasriulu@yahoo.com">hasanbasriulu@yahoo.com
+90 541 261 4892
Basri,

since 1965...

violin

Firstly Guys - apologies for not replying sooner.  As you can imagine its getting a bit barmy here.  

The route to date is basically UK to Austria then Ljubljana, across to Belgrad, crossing into Bulgaria - through Sifija then hooking a right before Instanbul taking a short ferry from Eceabat and down the west coast of Turkey to Marmaris.  One thing I am looking into though is cutting out some of the road by heading to Thesolonika and catching a Ferry to Rhodes and then another ferry to Marmaris. That will give me a nice day sunbathing on top of the boat.   :D

Great idea about the roads in Serbia - need to do my final bit of research because I catch the ferry on Thursday lunch time.

Basri thank you for your really kind offer - hopefully the only thing I won't need is tools - but I have PM'd you.

BigMark

Looking forward to reading your report, Turkey is on my list for next year.

When do you travel back home?

violin

Well all going to plan i'll be leaving Turkey on the 12th September complete with pillion for the return, he wants to checkout the Croatia coastline, (boat mad :lol: ) and because of no time constraint, unlike on the way out, we may take a couple of detours, Australia sounds good (yea in my dreams!!!) oh and there will be loads of pic's  :P

violin

Basri

I can't seem to send a PM - Ted will be in touch tomorrow

Thank you

Basri...

Quote from: "violin"Basri

I can't seem to send a PM - Ted will be in touch tomorrow

Thank you

I can see your P.M., no worries... :D
Basri,

since 1965...