News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Calne Motorbike Festival

Started by Nick Calne, July 24, 2010, 04:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Ok Guys, imagine 4000 bikes turning up in your small, sleepy town.

They park everywhere, only the churchyard seemed sacred...

The only modern tiger I saw in the whole crowd....Come on, who's is it?

Second tigger of the day....Meriden version - still really cool though!

Six cylnders sir?  Surely that's two engines worth....

The curious little boy is my step son.

Quasar! They used to make these oddballs here in Calne during the 1980's when it was a newish idea.  Fast forward 20 years and we were all saying, "go on then Germans see if you can build a better covered bike with posh factory and multinational company." Ha they couldn't.

Couple of sidecars caught my eye as worthy of reportage....

Nice BMW.  The BMW club were in evidence with their ubiquitous if not common GS.  This one is a bit more special however...

Love this AJS

Lots of trikes about with twin engines.  I say no no no not 3 wheels and 2 cylinders it's 2 wheels and 3 cylinders....

A couple of rarities that I like:

[/url]
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

flaco

Thanks for the great pictures, Nick. I couldn't make it to the festival, but what a great collection of bikes. My dad used to work for Harris's bacon factory in Calne. Didn't like bikes though- couldn't get him on my Francis Barnett.
kernow bys vyken

John Stenhouse

Nice Pics, bit like Cassington on the last monday in June, didn't know there was another like that tho'. Let us know in advance when the next ones on and I'll try to get there.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting