News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

another day, another bimble....

Started by NeilD, July 27, 2010, 07:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

weather wasnt great today but wanted to pop over to my local-ish Triumph dealer and pick up a couple of bits n pieces (and sit on a Scrambler  :shock: )... anyway, couldnt stand anymore daytime TV so donned waterproofs and headed out -  as it turned out the rain didnt really happen  8)

headed up to the higher bits first so I could see which way the weather was heading..

then I spotted a sign saying Single Track Road - well I had to really, and heres what I found down there..  :D

probably 6 inches deep in the middle? I hadnt recce'd it beforehand but apparently you can drive along the streambed, but I shall do some more investigation before trying that!

carried onwards, not really sure where i was and came across a village burial ground (no church attached)... just noticed the poppies attached to the Lynch gate, which is why I stopped..

and this plaque explains why..

a bit further on I spotted a tank... with a military vehicle parked next to it..  :D

its 'gate guardian' at the former RAF Manby site, which is now used for grain storage and go karting... the former RAF station is also highlighted on the village sign

and thats it... 60 miles and a couple of hours around Lincolnshire..

Nick Calne

Excellent stuff - love the tank!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

thanks.. or is that tanks! :D

looking at  http://www.wetroads.co.uk/lincolnshire.htm  I'm glad I wasnt tempted to turn right and follow the water at that ford - apparently it 'gets deeper and the bottom turns to gravel and then sand'   :shock: