News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hallo from Turkey, another blue one...

Started by Basri..., August 06, 2010, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basri...

I have been following you guys for about 20 days, trying to read as much as i can.

Here in Turkey not many Triumphs, no distributer, only one  service location (not licenced) in İstanbul, 650 km away from me, no parts at all. But yesterday i bought a Tiger... Should i cry ?..

Here is the photo;

1997 and 67000 km on the clock, repainted (i will need Tiger stickers)

Yesterday, i came 750 km from where i bought the bike, 90-110 km/hr crusing speed, bike consumed 6.2 liter / 100 km.

No problem at all...

Only thing worried me was, unusual heavy rattle from the engine when stopped on red lights, but, once you move and gain some speed, it disappears. I hope it is normal with steamers and i hope it is not the DAR.

As a former R1100GS rider, admired the power and the torque of the Tiger.

Downloaded the repair manual from a link here (thanks) and will start wrenching soon...

Thank you for shareing  knowlage, of course will have some questions soon  :twisted:  :D

Basri...
Basri,

since 1965...

BruKen

Yer a brave man indeed. Congratulations on your purchase and if you need parts or anything shipped let me know. I, and am sure a few others here, would be glad to help a fellow tiger owner out.

Mustang

steamers rattle at idle and the alternator rattles a lot worse at idle
pull the alternator and check for a broken bolt on the drive vanes

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/search ... de=results
type in DAR and check the search for all terms button ..lot's of info

I've been to Ephesus
I used to live in IZMIR many years ago .............

Basri...

Quote from: "BruKen"Yer a brave man indeed. Congratulations on your purchase and if you need parts or anything shipped let me know. I, and am sure a few others here, would be glad to help a fellow tiger owner out.

Thank you...

Quote from: "Mustang"I've been to Ephesus
I used to live in IZMIR many years ago .............

Was that for NATO ?

The base and Ephesus are still there, if you want to refresh memories and visit here again, be my guest...
Basri,

since 1965...

rf9rider

Nice looking Steamer.

Looks really clean, looks different without the stickers though.  :)

MtheTiger

Welcome to the club !
Your bike looks good but you definitely need the stickers though
When she has been maintained well and in time you will have a great bike for years to come.
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Basri...

Thank you all,

after a basic drive chain adjustment and some rides around the town, I Love My Tiger...

For the stickers, i might get these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIUMPH-TIGER-Decal ... ycle_Parts

What do you think ?

Soon i will need this;

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Triumph/Tig ... t_Kit_DID/
(minus 18%, i don't pay V.A.T. for being in Turkey :wings )

and a rub block + rub strip

and a set of nology coils for sure because now two of them are factory coils and one of them an equavellent "BOSCH" car coil.

But still pulls like a train :) ...

Spent all money to buy the bike, when ready to buy these parts, we'll discuss a lot...

I repeat once more, i am not sorry at all for selling my R1100GS and getting a Tiger...

And very glad and lucky for finding this site and meeting you guys...
Basri,

since 1965...

Basri...

Quote from: "Mustang"steamers rattle at idle and the alternator rattles a lot worse at idle

I am pretty sure now, it is not the DAR (yet)...
Basri,

since 1965...

rf9rider

I got some stickers for mine from the link you posted.

They are ok, but the Tiger stickers for the sides are a lot smaller than original.

Basri...

Quote from: "Mustang"steamers rattle at idle

O.k., i can live with it if it is Realy Normal...
But why we have it ?

When people ask, i say, it is normal with 3 cylnders, and they smile   :twisted:

Not for them, for myself, i would like to know why we have it ?

İs it bad enginering ?
Can we minimize it such as by using different oil grades or upgrades ?

Sorry, so many questions but i really wonder  :roll:
Basri,

since 1965...

Mustang

the biggest reason they sound like pieces of agricultural farm equipment is that the cylinder liners are not pressed into a cast cylinder they are just supported between the block and head and coolant flows around the liners , which let's them make all kind of nifty sounds , and then there is the alternator drive itself that even when nothing is wrong with it , it is prone to rattle at idle .

When the guy at the petrol pumps starts directing you to the diesel pumps
you'll know it is rattling more than usual  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Basri...

Thank you Mustang,

I hope one day i will not have to explane all these to the guy at the petrol pump.. :)
Basri,

since 1965...

Sin_Tiger

I got a set made to measurements provided by some of our US friends by Bike Decals in the right colours and they were pretty close comparing them to another local Steamer see my rebuild thread for pics.

There is another steamer owner in Turkey that converted his to fuel injection, haven't seen him post for a while though. Another blue one is good to see, welcome.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Basri...

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Another blue one is good to see, welcome.

Thanks.. :D
Basri,

since 1965...