News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Repeated clutch pressure loss after about 4 weeks

Started by MtheTiger, August 22, 2010, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtheTiger

:(

My clutch pressure keeps going awol on me...
I cleaned the whole circuit thouroughly and put new dot4 in...all OK for about 3 weeks...then pressure gone. Repeated the procedure and all was well for another 4 weeks...then again pressure gone, of course I notice this when geared up and ready to go :evil:

Before I swap the whole circuit with a Sprint one I can get cheap, what's the most plausible cause and where to look?
- no leaks
- new fluid everytime
- pressure just fine/firm when refilled & bleeded
- bike stands outside all its life

thx a lot
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

ArcticTiger

My -96 Bandit was like that, it was the rubber sealing ring on the clutch pressure piston that was worn. Easy fix. Lots of dirt in the cylinder, a good cleaning with fresh brake fluid and a new seal, bleeding - good to go!
But I still wonder where the fluid went, couldnt see any leaks or drops when parked, even for longer periods.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

MtheTiger

QuoteBut I still wonder where the fluid went, couldnt see any leaks or drops when parked, even for longer periods.

Same here !

97 Caspian blue

R0B

The Triumph Clutch slave unit isn't that expensive new. From memory, the seal kit is £28 and the whole unit £42........

MtheTiger

hmm...my dealer wants
€ 60 for the slave unit overhaul kit and
€ 55 for the master overhaul kit
 :shock:

97 Caspian blue

NeilD

try Sprint... £19 for M/Cyl kit and £23 for Slave Cyl kit..

http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/10442/in ... &cat=95678

MtheTiger

Thx for the url

I'll ask them if they ship abroad cause the site dont mention this.

97 Caspian blue

NeilD

looks like  they do ship overseas but you need to contact them for the cost.. they normally dispatch parts quickly and I've always found the guys on the phone helpful and knowledgable..  8)

MtheTiger

Great thx!

Hopefully the shipping cost is reasonable and does not evaporate the positive price diff :roll:

BTW this will be my 100th post to this great forum!
 8)

97 Caspian blue

Sin_Tiger

They do as they have shipped to me in Singapore and Trev takes the time to find the lowest cost option and tells you before he takes the plunge, top bloke  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint