News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Ignition Switch

Started by davefitzs, July 05, 2010, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefitzs

Does anybody know if any other bike ignition switches will fit a 1994 Steamer? Trying to pick up a second-hand one, cant afford a new switch.
Thanks

ramseybella

I would like to know as well for my 98!!

Sin_Tiger

Best man to ask is Trev at Sprint Manuffacturing he's been very helpful when it comes to these kind of things.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Theres a couple on Ebay UK at the moment, one needs a little work to the wiring.

davefitzs

Found a switch that fits. Kawasaki ZXR Part number 736901. There are some spurious ones on eBay at the moment for £37.50. You will have to swap a couple of wires around but it fits straight on. Only down side was I couldn't get the parking light to work but thats not a bad thing as they often run the battery down.  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-ZXR400-Z ... 0012354567

MtheTiger

QuoteFound a switch that fits. Kawasaki ZXR Part number 736901

Maybe a good thing to add in the sticky Tiger parts cross reference guide !
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

Mustang

Quote from: "davefitzs"You will have to swap a couple of wires around but it fits straight on. Only down side was I couldn't get the parking light to work ....

I would add it to the sticky but it's not a plug and play fit , so no go.

coachgeo

Quote from: "Mustang"...I would add it to the sticky but it's not a plug and play fit , so no go.
hmmmm... is there enough things in here to have a sticky of "retrofits" All the LED stuff, this switch, Some of the wiring upgrades etc?  Way I did a simular sticky before was to just have a list of links to the orginal threads instead of a copy of the material found in the orginal thread.  Turned out more like a one post menu sticky instead of a long thread of info.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

rf9rider

According to the part numbers on Bike Bandit, all the early Triumphs have the same part number for the ignition switch.