News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I got a new bike..... without buying a new bike!

Started by johnnyadventurepants, August 23, 2010, 05:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyadventurepants

I did the following on my bike all within a 2 week time period and it rides like a totally different bike!

1.  Got a Blue Flame exhaust.  Nice low rumble.  Has more power and feels smoother accelerating.  Pops a little now and then, but actually less than my stocker did

2. New rear tire.  Old knobby was really starting to hum.

3.  New chain and sprockets (OEM).  The result of this actually surprised me the most.  All of the slow speed jerkiness is gone now.  I thought it was suspension related, but now I think my old chain had different tightness in different sections or something like that.

I ride down the road now grinning like an idiot. :lol:   There isn't a new bike out there that I would trade for my 11 year old Tiger!
\'99 Tiger 885i

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!