News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2011 UK TIGER MEET-UP

Started by Mustang, August 24, 2010, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

July sounds good.  All dates free for me at the mo.

The only time there is ever a problem is Wiltshire is when the likes of the hippies and David Icke (all strangely from Brimingham usually) turn up for the summer solstice and tend to take all the camping near the major stone circles.  That's the 21st of June and they will be gone by the following weekend at the latest.  Or I shoot them.

The only other thing that might be either good to avoid or possibly good to attend while you're here is Pewsey Music festival 6th August.

If the weather's fine I'll pop down there and check it out / get some photo's / prices etc this weekend.

Actually the kids are away this weekend.  Perhaps I'll take the time to check all the beers while I'm there! Wouldn't want you guys arriving without complete certainty on this point.

Ride report to follow.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

outrunner

If the date is right I might be able to nip down from Scotland.  :D

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I worked at Corsham, which is not too far away, for three years.  Nice riding and weather as pretty much the same as anywhere, I thik you just have to pick the most popular date, run with it and hope the weather is ok.

July is tight for me at the moment, but I suggest we get it in before the school hols.  For what it's worth, I can't do 2nd-3rd or 30-31st which leaves 9-10, 16-17 and 23-24th.

I'm fine for all of these dates at the moment, but, clock's a ticking! & we don't want our work collegues beating us to the holiday bookings, do we?  :cry:
Personally, i favour the weekend of the 16th-17th July.  :eusa_dance

Now we have:-

Mat-tiger1
John Stenhouse
Bixxer Bob
NeilD
nicalne &
flaco

All up for it  :thumbsup

And:-

NKL (If it doesn't clash with Croatia)
Timbox2
Outrunner &
Coolhand Luke

As possibles  :eusa_dance

Do we have any other suggestions on Month / dates lads??  :?:

Calling Blacktiger! Where are you :?:....
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Ok gents.  I went to have a look at the Golden Swan earlier today.  I had to go in the car I'm afraid as I broke my left big toe on Thursday and changing gear is still too painful on the bike.

The Golden Swan looks very good.  Simple and no frills but good.  I had good chat with the landlord who was really helpful.

Camping is on the field behind the pub and is a very reasonable £4 per person.  There are no bookings yet in July and up to 20 people is no problem at all. We need to give around a fortnight's notice.  A little more if there are more of us.  There are a couple of B&B rooms available too.

The landlord did have a couple of questions, which we asked me to relay.

1. We have too many people coming to the pub who don't drink enough beer.  Do they (i.e. us triumph tiger types) like drinking beer?  

2. We have a lot of 18 and 19 year old girls doing their Duke of Edinburgh award camping in the summer.  They sometimes use the men's washroom.  Is that OK?

I had to go for a little rest with a cold towel wrapped around my head, but afterwards I said that would be fine and we promise to drink plenty beer if we come.  I trust that's OK with everyone.

Here are some photo's:

The pub.  Typical Wiltshire stuff.  There are probably around a hundred similar within 20 miles.

The Landlord.  Quite a character!  Tried the Wadsworth Horizon and can confirm it was wholly satisfactory.

The campsite.  

Literature in the pub.

Storage facility for healthy 18-19 year old girls.

The best thing is that there is plenty top riding roads in every direction!  Just a bit of everything, fast, slow, windy, views, sights, little traffic and not many traffic cops.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

mat-tiger1

Great scouting Nick  :thumbsup
Sounds too good to be true :o I guess we'll have to work our way accross the bar to see what suits the best   :friday  :occasion14  :new_all_coholic  Lol....
Well then Gentlemen, there we have it  :!:  What's the consensus of opinion  :?:

Shall we get some dates in the diary  :?:  :?:  :?:
Over to you lads  :arrow:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

CoolHandLuke

Bixxer Bob

Ok, I'll put up a poll for dates.  Anyone strongly objecting can ask Mustang to delete it, no hard feelings either way.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"Ok gents.  I went to have a look at the Golden Swan earlier today.

The Golden Swan looks very good.  Simple and no frills but good.  I had good chat with the landlord who was really helpful.

Camping is on the field behind the pub and is a very reasonable £4 per person.  There are no bookings yet in July and up to 20 people is no problem at all. We need to give around a fortnight's notice.  A little more if there are more of us.  There are a couple of B&B rooms available too.

The landlord did have a couple of questions, which we asked me to relay.

1. We have too many people coming to the pub who don't drink enough beer.  Do they (i.e. us triumph tiger types) like drinking beer?  

2. We have a lot of 18 and 19 year old girls doing their Duke of Edinburgh award camping in the summer.  They sometimes use the men's washroom.  Is that OK?

I had to go for a little rest with a cold towel wrapped around my head, but afterwards I said that would be fine and we promise to drink plenty beer if we come.  I trust that's OK with everyone.

Hi guys. Sorry I didn't spot this earlier. Thanks to Matt for PMing me.

When I visited, the Landlord was positive, telling me he gets a lots of bike clubs staying there over the year. Good news about July being free.

Answers to the above questions :-
1) I drink lots.
2) Hmmmmm! Hello girly. My tent's this way............:twisted:

Trouble is.......I have a problem which is that the roster at work is rumoured to be getting a big shake up in May. So, I can't really plan anything for after that yet.
So, I suggest you plan this to suit yourselves and If I can attend I will.

P.S. I've posted a link to here on there.....
 http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/16 ... ost1795585
&
http://www.triumphrat.net/rides-and-eve ... ost1795587
Got to spread the word.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BruKen

This sounds like a do'er for me. Any date proposed is good. I have a couple of mates that are into Triumphs but have the speed tripple, bonneville etc. Is this exclusively a Tiger rally? I'd only be able to camp the Saturday night, ride down from Cheshire on Sat am so if there are any ride outs / planned activities...let me know so I stand a better chance with the young maidens with my ugly mug in your absence. :)

blacktiger

Quote from: "BruKen"This sounds like a do'er for me. Any date proposed is good. I have a couple of mates that are into Triumphs but have the speed tripple, bonneville etc. Is this exclusively a Tiger rally? I'd only be able to camp the Saturday night, ride down from Cheshire on Sat am so if there are any ride outs / planned activities...let me know so I stand a better chance with the young maidens with my ugly mug in your absence. :)

Any Triumph's good for me.
Just let them know that we won't be waiting for them to catch up on the dirt bits........... :wink:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

davenoseyparker

Guys
Went there last year with Black Tiger, Good Beer Food and camp site flat and quiet . Welfare facilities not brilliant but hey for one night or so will do for most.

I would love to join in the fun :occasion14
If you spend time waiting for something to happen sadly life has passed you by.

19dajudge

Hey, can you give me directions to there from Texas?  Do I turn right or left at Oklahoma? :?

John Stenhouse

Right and bring a canoe!  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Right and bring a canoe!  :lol:
actually ...keep going straight and bring a canoe  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

mwrmoore

Hi

New here and to tiger ownership - i now have a 2003 955i in my possession, i live down the road a few miles from pewsey so might drop in and say hi - hope that's ok!