News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mirror mounts

Started by rf9rider, August 26, 2010, 05:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

I`m thinking of changing the front brake master cylinder to a 5/8ths to get the most out of the Alcon 6 pots i`m going to use on my front end conversion, but as the mirror mounts are part of the Steamer master cyl, was wondering if there are independant mirror mounts i could use?

Tomas03

Sorry this may not be what you are asking for and may add more questions, but I was thinking of changing the master on my steamer with standard brakes to a radial master with remote reservoir and saw these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

Then doing some research I found this blog

http://www.adrianmolloy.com/Brakes.html

It would seem from the blog that 1050 brakes (he states kwaka's that use 6 pots have good masters and that 1050's use a simalar set up) are good for 6 pot brakes and they have the mount on them from what I can see in the ebay ad.
Daniel
Home is where the tiger is.

1998 Volcanic Red Steamer
1972 Honda XL250 MotoSport (the original dual purpose)
1982 Kwaka Gpz 550 race bike
1983 Mercedes 230TE wagon tow vehicle

rf9rider

Thats the sort of thing i`m after.
Although reading his blog, he`s changed his 1050 master cyl for the Kawasaki one as it works better with the 6 pots being a 5/8ths bore.

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Thanks Mr Rybes, thats the sort of thing.

Now only if i knew if the steamer mirrors have a 10mm thread........... :lol:

rybes

yes they do have a 10mm thread :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Cheers, sorted.  :)

Now to find a 5/8th master cyl.