News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got fed up with Wind blast

Started by Jaythro, August 31, 2010, 08:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaythro

My mate fell off his BMWR1150GS Adventure up in skye about 2 months ago Gravel at a corner Led to Road Bike interfaces colliding BUt He got away with a hole in his elbow and a scuffed up bike

Anyway I rebuilt it for him and was left with a scufffed and scratched BM GS adventure screen

So what do you think Looks like it was made for it Eh?? Pardon the crappy phone pics

Test run in the morning   :?:  :lol:

BruKen

Nothing worse than windblast and buffeting fella except maybe being caught wearing your wifes knickers no matter how comfortable they are. Speaking of which, that screen looks mighty comfy. Let us know how you get on with it, I may join you :)

Tomas03

Daniel
Home is where the tiger is.

1998 Volcanic Red Steamer
1972 Honda XL250 MotoSport (the original dual purpose)
1982 Kwaka Gpz 550 race bike
1983 Mercedes 230TE wagon tow vehicle

harre

I have a similar windshield from MRA. Installed with distance bars to raise the upper part and lift air above my head, however suffered from buffeting. Compared it with the 1150 GS that I know works really well. The main difference was the small bend at the upper lip on the GS windshield. I used a heat blower and bent the upper 5 cm and voilá. It works perfect now, no buffeting.
http://tigertriple.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=412

Jaythro

Quote from: "BruKen"Nothing worse than windblast and buffeting fella except maybe being caught wearing your wifes knickers no matter how comfortable they are. Speaking of which, that screen looks mighty comfy. Let us know how you get on with it, I may join you :)

Now wasn't that a coincidence Meeting at the Green Welly yesterday

The Verdict on the screen it worked and it takes a lot of pressure off the chest but has created some buffeting Which eased when I made a larger Air gap at the lower leadiing edge

BruKen

:D It never ceases to amaze me just how small the world is. Only just got back from my tour of Scotland and the Outer Hebrides. Absolutely amazing places. I suppose I'll have to post a RR now. YAPI behaved flawlessly but is not a dual sport imo. Makes a reasonable sports tourer though

Well met!

BruKen

BruKen

Sorry, reorganising photoB and lost pics. Should be back now.