News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cleaning Keihin Carbs?

Started by ramseybella, September 02, 2010, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Whats the lowdown on cleaning Keihin Carbs for a 98?
Been puting it off to long and am a bit shy to try this without a big brother throwing me into the raging river yelling kick your legs and do it!! :lol:

JetdocX

Is it running funny?  If not, don't fuck with them.  

If so, just take one apart at a time so you have some reference.

Sometimes crappy carb problems can be fixed by just draining the float bowls.  I'd do that first.
From parts unknown.

ramseybella

Quote from: "JetdocX"Is it running funny?  If not, don't fuck with them.  

If so, just take one apart at a time so you have some reference.

Sometimes crappy carb problems can be fixed by just draining the float bowls.  I'd do that first.

Well what is going on is I went for a 700+ mile run two weeks ago and since then choke does not seem to work and it won't stay at my idle speed until it warms up a bit.
It will start right up but i have to hold the throttle until it warms up a little and then It will idle about 1000 rpm then I can engage the choke, once it up to temp it will idle my normal 1500 rpm.

I will be cleaning the air filter as well hope that works and spray the carbs and cables.
It has the normal mini gas filter on the carbs and an inline gas filter as well; inline filter looks clean no stuff floating around.
It still has the air intake silencer and I cleaned that last month took apart and cleaned the OEM air filter about 5000 miles ago when I readjusted the intake valves/plug change.
It has alwas smelled a little rich at start up but then it would go away once it was at temp.