News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oem skid plate

Started by ua99003, September 02, 2010, 02:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ua99003

Had a little accident in a parking lot yesterday and bent up the oem skid plate that is mounted to exhaust headers. Tried going over a parking bummer and hit guard. I beat it back in shape but would like to replace.
Looked on BikeBandit and cannot find this item. Anybody have the part # for this ??? :oops:

walker

the 2000 model schematic has it as a "sump guard" but only lists it for the 1999-2000 model year. If you do find it, I bet it's about $300 !

ua99003

Holy Batman !!!!!! I found it listed in a 2002 parts list .... $313 bucks !!!!
The queen must stamp this simple piece out between her royal thighs to cost this much. Well got the old ballpeen hammer out and beat it back in shape and doesn't look that bad. Next time I will be a little more careful.
Thanks

514Advrider

Several people on this forum have replaced their OE shield with a more sturdy aftermarket skid plate. You should be able to pick one up for peanuts if you post an add on the forum. I myself will be replacing mine with a Touratech unit later this month.

EvilBetty

These go on eBay now and then cheep.  If you're not in a hurry for it, just keep an eye out.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

ua99003

I will be replacing with aftermarket skid plate in the near furture but I thought the stock item would be relativly cheap to replace. I guess that's what I get for thinking. But I will be on the lookout for one.
Thanks to all