News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thunderbike Engine Bar Help

Started by R0B, August 30, 2010, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

Please could someone give me a clue as to the front LHS engine bar bolt. It's driving me totally nuts trying to work out how to install it...............everything is in the way!!

Rob

Mustang

the bolts that go on the bottom up into the engine block ?????

Ball end allen wrench and allen head bolts , and lot's of patience

R0B

Thanks for that, got the bolts, and life is good again.........top tip :-)

Rob

cdubya

While we are on the topic...
Just purchased a Girly.  Sweet!
Noticed a couple of oil leaks.  Figured, aw, just a gasket or something.  No worries, I'll fix 'er up when I get 'er home.
Upon further inspection, the oil is coming from the lower bolt holes of the engine case.  Crazy!  Looks like the bars weren't installed properly.  No washers to shim the bars up to the engine case and no silicone rtv.  Looks to me like without the washers, the lower crash bar mounting plate cannot mount flush with the case to pull evenly and to seal properly.
Any one else see this and have any advice?  The bars are bomber and quite handy but oil leaking from both sides is no bueno.
Thanks.
06 Girly