News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Givi Pannier Rails-fitting question

Started by R0B, September 04, 2010, 10:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

Well I fitted my new (old) pannier rails today. The right hand rail clears the exhaust by an inch or so, but the left handed one is touching the Triumph badge on the heat shield. It doesn't look to be bent. Is this normal, or do I have a problem?. I'll try and post up a picture tomorrow.

Thanks

Rob

Mustang

if the exhaust cans are off side to side it will happen try loosening the offending exhaust and see if you can twist it to give some clearance ........

R0B

Thanks for the advice Mustang. I loosened everything off last night and gained about 1mm :-(..............so I guess that the only solution would be to cut and weld it, or accept a bit of cosmetic damage to the cover?. I'm looking for a wing rack to modify to fit my other tiger, so may be able to build in a little more tolerance on the other bike.

Rob