News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine Shims-Too many too big!!

Started by R0B, September 07, 2010, 11:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

I have a load of engine shims in the 2.75/2.80 range. I'm never going to be able to use them. Most of the ones I seem to need are in the 2.55-2.70 range (over a collection of 5 t300s). Any ideas as to swapping them for a useful size?............or are they just scrap? Thanks Rob

Mustang

we all have a pile of that very same size shim  :ImaPoser
save em for if and when you do a valve job as that's what you'll be needing with new valves

EvilBetty

My Triumph dealership didn't give me any flack about trading those sizes for the sizes I needed when I did my valve adjustment.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

R0B

Well, it just shows, don't throw anything away. Took the lid of my new steamer tonight, shimmed it all up, used all my 275 and 2.80 shims and I actually need to buy a 2.85................the engine has done 20,000 miles and seems as new..........amazing!!