News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1998 Triumph Tiger (Steamer) ****SOLD****

Started by 98Elnegrotigre, September 11, 2010, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98Elnegrotigre

Guys I just listed this on Craigslist. It's arguably the nicest Steamer in the country. Plenty of pcitures available if you are interested. This is the ad:

This is a 1998 Triumph Tiger, affectionately known as the "Steamer". This might be the finest example in the country with 11k original miles. I am the second owner and know the bikes history well. The 12k service has been completed and the bike has not been used off road. With the Givi luggage and Corbin seat it is set up for touring. It has Avon Distanza tires that are at a mid wear point and will be good for several thousand more miles. The only thing that prevents the bike from being in mint condition is that I did lay it down on it's left side at slow speed when the front slid out from me on some loose sand. The left Givi E21 saddlebag supported the bike in the fall but I had to replace the left turn signal and it had scratches on the left upper fairing and gas tank which I have had professionally repainted. I've taken this into consideration so I am asking 3,500 for it with the luggage and I will take 3k for it without the Corbin seat and Givi V46 top case. I have many pictures available that I can send. If you are looking for a dual sport bike this is an exceptional value so come to Colorado and ride the Rockies in the Fall and ride her home, you will enjoy the adventure and be very pleased with this lovely Triumph triple.

pletdj

OMG that is one fine machine! :shock:
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

Lurker6469

Is this bike still for sale? If it is can you send me some more pictures to mailto:creekfreek@gmail.com">creekfreek@gmail.com

98Elnegrotigre

To all my Tiger friends I was fortunate to sell my Steamer in the first week it was posted. Replaced her with a Ducati ST2 but I'm still flying the British flag with my Sprint ST. I found out I love the paved twisties more than dirt, I had to concentrate too much. I'll rejoin you later in life when I can stop and smell the roses more. This board was great and Mustang is as fine a supporter of a bike and brand as anyone I have ever seen. I lurked and learned a lot from many of you and I am very greatful for that. Be safe out there and Oh, Steamers Rule, get one if you are searching :)